Watts Per Speaker.....

how many watts do each speaker (tweeters, mids, highs....) put out in a factory 7 speaker system (95 GS300) with factory speakers. I don't want to replace my speakers but i do want to replace my amp, so i need sense of how many watts i need. how many channels would you guys reccomend for a aftermakret amp.

Thanks

5 channel not more than 40 watts per channell. front door speakers and the sub are 2 ohm on the premium pioneer system just to make ot difficult. if nakamichi they are all 4 ohms. so pretty hard to get an aftermarket 5 channel amp that works well with the pioneer system speakers . it will sound bad and the stereo shop will then try to sell you new spealkers. it will still sound bad. then a new headunit. then new cd changer. it never ends once the stereo shop gets you to change the amp. ...............its better to switch to the 93 to 97 nakamichi gs300 system amp and headunit. and now its cheaper than aftermarket to make the switch and it is all plug in and play and doesnt require any stereo shop to help with the install. there in not 1 wire to splice. new new wiring needed. no hook up to the battery that the aftermarket amp would require.

The stock speakers would sound like garbage with anything but a stock amp

Replace it all or nothing

The most i find coming out of the amp on an ES is about 8-12 watts rms per channel ,it is made to be very efficent

Yeah I imagine if you upgraded the entire system to nakamichi it would make a difference, but im not looking to spend tons of money to also get new speakers, and since i have a "7 speaker" system, if you count the tweeters. Thanks for the suggestion man....

Sam