2004 Lexus LS340

Bob Crosby

Hello, I am a new Club member.  I currently drive a 2004 RX330 with 180,000 miles.  This was my first Lexus purchase and I am very impressed.  I have owned it for only 2 years and frankly, bought it as a stopgap.  Even at high mileage it runs great!  I'm so impressed, I am considering the classic 2004 LS430 being offered for sale by a private owner.  My research indicates this may be the best car Lexus ever built.  I am retired and I want my next vehicle to be kind to these old bones.  The car I will soon view only has 62,000 miles and appears to be exactly what I want.

I write to the Club to inquire about issues anyone has experienced with this model.  Beyond normal maintenance, I read about things like engine oil leaks, sound system issues, poor shift quality at low speeds and the check engine light showing codes.

I recognize every older car has issues, but which problems should I be most concerned about given their cost of repair and availability of parts?

Thank you for any insight you can provide.  I'm looking forward to participating in the Club.

Bob C.