Abs Light Won't Go Off

CreoleKid

I have a 1994 LS 400 and for a while the ABS light would come on and after awhile it would go off. Sometimes it took longer than others to go off.. When the light was on the power windows and sunrooof did not work and the car would not shift out of park. I could press in the overide button to shift and drive but the window and sunroof still did not operate (now that I think about it, it usually happened on cooler days). Anyhow, now it is on (and has been on for awhile now)and won't go off at all. Can someone tell me if they have ever had this problem? I would hate to take it to the dealer to find out it is just some sort of fuse or loose connection of some sort. Please help.

hmm, ABS and sunroof, looks like you have a shortage somewhere. get error codes out just in case it might lead you to the location of the shortage. another guess is that ur ECU is dying slowly and has some internal shortage, this is easier to troubleshoot but more $ to fix.

I'm sorry but this is my first lexus and I have only owned for about 2 years. I don't have a repair manual or an owners manual. Do you think someone could teach me how to retrieve the error codes on my 94 LS 400.

I would hate to take it to the dealer to find out it is just some sort of fuse or loose connection of some sort.  Please help.

Yeah, they probably wouldn't be able to find the problem anyways. Lexus of N.O.'s service department sucks. It took them 3 trips to figure out that I had a bad alternator. :wacko:

Is the '94 OBDII ?

Welcome to the club New Orleanian!! :D

:cheers:

no 94 is not OBD II compliant car, only 95 and up are. so you just wait till one of the gen I professionals will give u a howto on how to get the codes out.

On Board Diagnostics (version) II

It is law in North America for emmision controls on all cars produced after 97, it is more complicated than the first versions but easier to pin point problems when a trained tech reads the codes

The first ever car was the 94 ES300

You guys won't believe this. The problem was a very loose fitting fuse in the footwell. It seems as though the slot for that particular fuse (ECU) would not allow the fuse to rest tightly inside. Just had to bend the fuse prongs a little to ensure contact... easy fix. Thank you guys for the advice.