AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

TPH

2000 Rx300 Loss Of Gas Mileage

4 posts in this topic

Can anyone help with a sudden loss of gas mileage in a 2000 RX300 AWD. It dropped from just below 19 MPG to 16 MPG almost over night. Have cleaned the mass airflow sensor and changed the thermostat - was heating up slowly. Any other ideas?? No trouble codes. Runs well.

1 person likes this

checked the usual, tire pressure, air filter, and dont forget the change in fuel from winter to summer blends....With no cel lights hard to diagnose

Just had the CEL come on this morning on the way to work. Code 1150. I believe this is the Air/Fuel ratio sensor on the front bank of cylinders. Bet that could make a difference in mileage. Thanks for the input have checked all the other typical culprits. Was about to remove wheels and check for dragging brakes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DrewTran
      Hi, I'm new to this forum!! I recently brought in my car for an oil change and was informed that I should replace the center drive shaft joint because of failure and to replace the front diff. pinon seal because it is leaking. The charges are a bit hefty and was wondering if theres any alternative to bringing it to a different shop rather than the Lexus dealership. 
      Also, the car tends to vibrate when I drive around 70-80mph and it squeaks when I accelerate and when I drive slowly (backing out the drive-way, etc.) Could this be related to the center drive shaft? 
      Thank you for the help! 
    • By slick1967
      Bought this 1999 Lexus RX300 AWD in really good condition.  Hope to add rear spoiler and tint back windows dark.  Maybe add a body kit eventually.  Needs a couple things fixed like the power antenna and a small rust spot on passenger tire.  Body is in great condition for age and Michigan miles.  It drives and runs really good.

• By 99rx300_17
      I'm wondering if any of the Toyota suv's from a similar year have the chassis as my 99 rx300 so I could install a lift kit
    • By riverrat4ever
      So my trunk was really full and I tried opening my trunk today. Sometimes when it is full, I've had to use a lot of force. This time, something snapped and I no longer felt resistance when pulling the trunk latch. 
      I removed the panels from the inside and took a look at the opening mechanism. The cable is still intact and i discovered how to open the trunk from the inside. However, there is no connection from the latch to the rest of the locking mechanism. When I used force, there was a part that broke. 
      The first picture shows the part that is broken. The black rubber and plastic parts used to be one part. The elongated plastic part used to be inside the car, while the black plastic part used to be behind the latch on the outside of the car. The square hole near my thumb behind the latch is where the rubber used to sit. The last picture shows where the elongated black plastic part used to connect to. The last picture's orientation is looking up. The black plastic part used to lift the silver metal part extending the wire. The wire would then pull the golden part in the third picture to open the trunk. The fourth picture shows an overall picture. If you look carefully at the fourth picture, there is a black cable that runs down the cavity in the center of the trunk door. That is the same cable that pulls the golden part of the mechanism, opening the door. 
      Essentially, the mechanism is no longer connected due to the broken part. The latch is not connected to the first part of the mechanism and thus, the second part of the mechanism is not working and I cannot open my door from the outside. Anyone know where I can get a replacement part and whether I can install it without opening any screws? 

• By Lexux
      Hello,
      My Rx300 (120K miles) has been leaking oil(?) for a while. I have been reading posts in the forum and I guess it is the rear seal?
      Last time I got my oil changed they used synthetic oil and I heard that oil is more likely to leak if there are any problems with the seals (it was not leaking before). Should I go back to regular oil next time to see what happens?
      Sorry for the crappy pictures and thank you beforehand