AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

TPH

2000 Rx300 Loss Of Gas Mileage

4 posts in this topic

Can anyone help with a sudden loss of gas mileage in a 2000 RX300 AWD. It dropped from just below 19 MPG to 16 MPG almost over night. Have cleaned the mass airflow sensor and changed the thermostat - was heating up slowly. Any other ideas?? No trouble codes. Runs well.

1 person likes this

checked the usual, tire pressure, air filter, and dont forget the change in fuel from winter to summer blends....With no cel lights hard to diagnose

Just had the CEL come on this morning on the way to work. Code 1150. I believe this is the Air/Fuel ratio sensor on the front bank of cylinders. Bet that could make a difference in mileage. Thanks for the input have checked all the other typical culprits. Was about to remove wheels and check for dragging brakes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By sa3ma4na
      I need help diagnosing what the actual culprit of the p0420 that threw up few days ago. I ran my torgue scan tool and I am adding screenshots for better understand.
      I am not able to understand the various test. I need some help here.
      Pic1 is the mod 6 test, pic2 is the freeze frame of the cel, pic 3 is the wave form of 02 sensor bank1 sensor 2 and the last 2 pictures are the waveform of the a/f sensors.

• By Collin2377
      Hello everybody. A few weeks ago I bought a beautiful 2011 Lexus ES 350. Right in the first day I noticed something is not right with the gas mileage. It is usually between 11 and 13 MPG. If I go on the highway, if I am lucky it would be 18-19 MPG.  I know that is not right. Also, for example if it shows me that I have 300 miles left with my full tank and I drive (for example) 50 miles, instead of showing 250 which would be normal, the computer shows me 198. Also I need to specify that even if I do not need to, I always use the PREMIUM gas (93). 
      Any idea if this could be fixable or I just got a bad car ? Thank you in advance for your response. 

• By lexusesuser07
      I drive a lexus es350 07. I filled in diesel by mistake and before I could stop i filled in about 5gal. Now the car has 5gal diesel + 4 gal petrol. I drove 1mi after that to get it to my home and planning to tow the car to my local garage and have them flush the fuel system. But that can happen only tomorrow and I am worried about letting the car sit overnight with the diesel in it. Is there a way for me too siphon off the fuel from the tank ? Has anybody done this before on a Lexus ?
    • By DrewTran
      Hi, I'm new to this forum!! I recently brought in my car for an oil change and was informed that I should replace the center drive shaft joint because of failure and to replace the front diff. pinon seal because it is leaking. The charges are a bit hefty and was wondering if theres any alternative to bringing it to a different shop rather than the Lexus dealership. 
      Also, the car tends to vibrate when I drive around 70-80mph and it squeaks when I accelerate and when I drive slowly (backing out the drive-way, etc.) Could this be related to the center drive shaft? 
      Thank you for the help! 
    • By slick1967
      Bought this 1999 Lexus RX300 AWD in really good condition.  Hope to add rear spoiler and tint back windows dark.  Maybe add a body kit eventually.  Needs a couple things fixed like the power antenna and a small rust spot on passenger tire.  Body is in great condition for age and Michigan miles.  It drives and runs really good.