Locking The Doors

hi, i have to manually lock the doors when in drive. how do i get the doors to automatically lock when the car is in drive? thanks..

I believe that is a CBest setting. The GS is suppose to be able to have that feature once you get it. It resets once something is change, part wise, like a ECU module. You might have to get it re-programed by lexus.

I will let you know since I'm going to Lexus on Thursday for a diagnostic test for a problem of my own. I too have the same issue as you but I did have that feature before I changed a certain part. I will ask them what needs to be done inorder to restore this setting and I will let you know ;)

p.s. Do you have the feature where your doors unlock when you place it in Park? I have that feature still even though the part was removed. Also, is your lighting for the Park, Reverse, Netural Drive, etc on when you turn your lights on? This setting might also be reset for you. Mine SOMETIMES comes on when I place my car into Drive when my lights are on.

The 99 GS didn't have the feature to automatically lock the doors at about 12 mph like later model years -- don't remember off hand which was the first model year that had the feature. Attached is the complete list of customizable features for a 99 GS.

CBES.pdf

The 99 GS didn't have the feature to automatically lock the doors at about 12 mph like later model years -- don't remember off hand which was the first model year that had the feature. Attached is the complete list of customizable features for a 99 GS.

Do you have the Cbest settings for the 2000 to 05 GS's?

I am not certain but I think the LPS/CBES setting options for the 2000 GS400/300 are the same as for the 1999 GS400/300. Again I am not sure but I think any changes for the GS started with the 2001 model year and that the settings for the 01-05 GS are all the same. Attached is the list which covers the 01 GS430/300.

2001_LS430_LPS.pdf

I am not certain but I think the LPS/CBES setting options for the 2000 GS400/300 are the same as for the 1999 GS400/300. Again I am not sure but I think any changes for the GS started with the 2001 model year and that the settings for the 01-05 GS are all the same. Attached is the list which covers the 01 GS430/300.

thanks for the help, i dont know what the cbest setting is. also do i need the lexus comp hookup to change the functions? thanks

thanks for the help, i dont know what the cbest setting is. also do i need the lexus comp hookup to change the functions? thanks

I assume any shop that works on Lexus cars would have a "Lexus Diagnostic Tester" or something similar that would work -- or at least they should. The indie repair shop where I take my car has one. Apparently not many people have the CBES/LPS settings customized. The service writer at the repair shop that customized mine told me that I was the first person who had ever asked for the settings to be altered.