Front Drivers Seat Is Twisted....

RandySC400

hey guys...once again i'm asking for some advice on my car... i have a 1993 ls400 and my front drivers seat is broke! all the buttons work but when i try and pull the back up to a upright position the right side of the seat doesn't rise up...i don't know if there is a bent bar or a burnt out motor or a stripped gear inside... it almost seems that the previous driver was heavy and "leaned" in the front seat and bent it or something! i need to fix this because i'm driving the car and i feel like i'm laying down!!!... not very comfortable! does anyone have a seat diagram for me to see before i take the seat apart? i searched it and didn't find anything of value...please help me out guys.... thanks for any imput you can give me!

There must be a zillion threads on this problem including this one: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...hl=driver++seat

I've been trying to find the thread on this forum that has photos but haven't found it yet. It is a very common problem on the gen 1 LS400. It happened on the 90 LS I had -- it was fixed by a repair shop for a "nominal" (less than $100) if I remember correctly.

Here is a how-to-fix thread on another forum that has photos: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400/4423...res-inside.html

hey guys...once again i'm asking for some advice on my car... i have a 1993 ls400 and my front drivers seat is broke! all the buttons work but when i try and pull the back up to a upright position the right side of the seat doesn't rise up...i don't know if there is a bent bar or a burnt out motor or a stripped gear inside... it almost seems that the previous driver was heavy and "leaned" in the front seat and bent it or something! i need to fix this because i'm driving the car and i feel like i'm laying down!!!... not very comfortable! does anyone have a seat diagram for me to see before i take the seat apart? i searched it and didn't find anything of value...please help me out guys.... thanks for any imput you can give me!

This is a very commom issue my LS400's including mine. The seat back motor feeds a shaft that raises both side together, however the right side of all the shafts are stripped and therefore does not allow the right side to raise to its full upright position. A high speed, tough drill bit will do the trick. If you are going to try the drill bit method, lower the seat back to where both sides are even. The drill portion can be done with the seat in or out of the car. Drill a small hole through the horizontal shaft and support hole together, put a small nail or cotter key in it and your problem is solve. Let us know the end result.

thank you guys... sorry i am not good with computers and i tryed to do a search and only found 2 results that didnt help me...but both of your resonces are of great help and i do appreciate the feedback and i will post how i made out fixing it thank you again!!