Nav Override For 6.1 On 2007 Rx400h - Success

Yesterday I ordered the Lockpick3 Basic from http://Coastaletech.com, it arrived today and I installed it in 15 minutes. I am proud to say...wait for it...IT WORKS!!!

I can now enter addresses while in motion and the Accept button is magically pushed.

For all you frustrated owners of 2007 6.1 version DVD's, our solution has arrived!!!

FYI, I picked up our 07 RX400h in January and tried the old version of the lockpick and had to return it because it wouldn't solve the problem

Does it also work with the 06 RXs? What is the cost?

The cost for the 3 is close to the 2 (call to ask if the 3 works on the 06, but if not, get the 2). The cost turns on how many cool / jiffy things you want it to do. Three price / function levels:

http://www.coastaletech.com/lockpick3.htm

Being slow on my 1st attempt at anything, it took me over 1/2 hour to install.

That's great information. I have an'06 400h and have been sending them e-mails for a couple months with no responses back. Would you please take a minute or two and describe what the installation involved? Did you have to dis assemble anything? And what the gizmo actually is? A cable harness ?

Thanks in advance...

Bob

That's great information. I have an'06 400h and have been sending them e-mails for a couple months with no responses back. Would you please take a minute or two and describe what the installation involved? Did you have to dis assemble anything? And what the gizmo actually is? A cable harness ?

Thanks in advance...

Bob

To be honest, 2006 models shouldn't have a problem ordering the Lockpick normally from the website. It was those with 2007 RX's with a CD/Firmware version of 6.1 who didn't have a way to override the nav restrictions until this newest Lockpick, Lockpick3 came out.

Thanks in advance...

Bob

Here's a video of installation AND the device:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=53...14996&hl=en

enjoy

Thanks in advance...

Bob

enjoy

For the 07 Rx400h, its totally different. The location of the DVD is in the trunk under the tire repair kit on the right. You'll have to take out a few of the tire repair kit pieces but all in all it took me 15 min.

Well, I have to admit, after pulling off the freeway and/or making lane changes to pull over, all so my friend could use the nav system to find some destinations, I am about ready to try a Lockpick 3. And the trunk installation looks rather easy compared to dash disassembly.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...
Yesterday I ordered the Lockpick3 Basic from http://Coastaletech.com, it arrived today and I installed it in 15 minutes. I am proud to say...wait for it...IT WORKS!!!

I can now enter addresses while in motion and the Accept button is magically pushed.

For all you frustrated owners of 2007 6.1 version DVD's, our solution has arrived!!!

FYI, I picked up our 07 RX400h in January and tried the old version of the lockpick and had to return it because it wouldn't solve the problem

Hello, I just bought the 2008 RX 350 nd have the same problem. Will this work for my RX also ? I do not have the ML DVD system.

Thanks in advance...

Bob

enjoy

For the 07 Rx400h, its totally different. The location of the DVD is in the trunk under the tire repair kit on the right. You'll have to take out a few of the tire repair kit pieces but all in all it took me 15 min.

I just bought the 07 RX400h could you tell me how to do the mod to watch DVD while driving and the rest. I have been reading so much the past couple of days and I am confused which one works and which doesn't.

Dinos

If the CoastalTech Lockpick can unlock the "I agree" screen but not activate full functionality of the Cellphone Bluetooth, then one has got to ask (or at least in my case) why get the lockpick.

Also, while on a rant, Lexus really has to take a page out of the Acura Navigation Integration package. Boy oh Boy, the Acura is REALLY well thought out and ACTUALLY works effortlessly. It's so damning that Lexus sweats the details, yet in the case of the Navi it's like they took a pass on actually trying to Engineer some magic with it.

Cheers,

MadloR

If the CoastalTech Lockpick can unlock the "I agree" screen but not activate full functionality of the Cellphone Bluetooth, then one has got to ask (or at least in my case) why get the lockpick.

Also, while on a rant, Lexus really has to take a page out of the Acura Navigation Integration package. Boy oh Boy, the Acura is REALLY well thought out and ACTUALLY works effortlessly. It's so damning that Lexus sweats the details, yet in the case of the Navi it's like they took a pass on actually trying to Engineer some magic with it.

Cheers,

MadloR

Hugh? Your joking, right? Go to the costaletech (yes there is an 'E' in there) site before the rant & you'll save yourself a rant for another time. :P They sell as many unlock features as you can afford, including the phone unlock function. You can't blame Lexus for wanting to block functions, as there'll always be someone who'll crash while dialing off the MFD, or inputting an address via the MFD, then want to blame the auto manufacturer.

• 3 weeks later...

The CoastalTech products still do *not* work for 2007 Lexus ES, GS, LS or IS vehicles, as far as they state in their webpage. It looks like they do not handle the Denso 6.1 Nav system.

If you are unhappy with the current state of affairs, please register with LexusNav.com to be counted. Hundreds of people have signed up to register their dissatisfaction with Lexus over this matter and we are looking at alternative ways to accomplish in-motion use of the Nav system. Disclosure: I created the site after buying and then finding out the Override did not exist We are working to get this problem fixed for everyone.

The CoastalTech products still do *not* work for 2007 Lexus ES, GS, LS or IS vehicles, as far as they state in their webpage. It looks like they do not handle the Denso 6.1 Nav system.

If you are unhappy with the current state of affairs, please register with LexusNav.com to be counted. Hundreds of people have signed up to register their dissatisfaction with Lexus over this matter and we are looking at alternative ways to accomplish in-motion use of the Nav system. Disclosure: I created the site after buying and then finding out the Override did not exist We are working to get this problem fixed for everyone.

Sorry but I do blame Lexus, The agree screen that they make you push already covers them from being sued. I will not buy another Lexus unless they offer a NAV system that works. and I will join LexusNav.com

GO to this site and read the comments and the come back and still say you don't blame Lexus

http://lexusoverride.com/comments.php

Here are some of my favorites

Lexus needs to stop trying to control its buyers. It is much more unsafe to have to pull over to the side of a highway in order to use the Nav system, as we have had to do. We must acknowledge the proper use of the system each time we start our cars. That should be enough. Greedy trial lawyers are the real culprits here, but Lexus needs to put its customers first for a change.

It really bothers me that you have to stop to use the navi. I live in the washington dc area and there arent many places to just pull over and use you navi. So it would be very benificial to me to be able to use it while moving.

I own a Mercedes and BMW both with navigation systems that allow you to utilize their functions regardless of speed. I feel that Lexus is excersing too much control over the driver by locking out key components of the Nav system while in motion. I guess I could understand (but not necessarily agree with) disabling the DVD system while in motion but disabling the Nav system is not only too much control but also out of control.

This is very distracting and limiting the capabilities and satisfaction of me as a user who payed for something that is not fully exploited to it's potential. Get the drunks of the road but give me full control of my navigation system.

"I can't overemphasize how much it disappoints me that Lexus does not allow one to access Navigation, Hard Drive, and phone features while the vehicle is moving. Isn't it reasonable to assume that if someone is responsible enough to earn the money to purchase this vehicle that they are also responsible enough to utilize an on screen menu in a safe manner?! "

"I wouldnot even consider Lexus if I knew earlier. In fact, I do not recommend anyone purchase a Lexus of a Toyota as a result. "

"The current system without the ability of an override is both frustrating and dangerous. The voice prompt command system of the RX 400h 2007 nav system is as best marginal, not having the option of the passenger input to the system while driving can be a greater hazard than the ability to briefly make changes or input new data. This is my 4th Lexus and my last, I do not want an automobile which will try to think for me, my poor judgment is one thing, the vehicles is another which is not tolerable. " ( Folks, we are getting interest from some of the other manufacturers who want to turn loyal Lexus owners into loyal acura/audi/bmw/infiniti/mercedes owners. )

I actually got a ticket from a cop on I95 in Maryland for pulling over to use my Nav system. He pulled up behind me when I stopped and put my flashers on. He walked over and asked me if I needed help. I explained that I was trying to put directions in my Nav system and had to pull over to do so. He informed me that he'd have to write me a ticket because I had pulled over on the highway and it wasn't an emergency!!!! It cost me $95 and 2 points on my license!!! TOYOTA! ARE YOU LISTENING!!! IT IS AGAINST THE LAW IN THE U.S. TO PULL OVER ON A HIGHWAY FOR A NON-EMERGENCY!!!! ARE YOU GOING TO REIMBURSE ME FOR MY TICKET??? The cop informed me that next time I should go to an exit and pull over off the exit or find a shop/gas station etc at the next exit. My question was, "what if I'm on a turnpike like the NJ turnpike or the PA turnpike where doing that would cost me $$?" His response was, its cheaper than a ticket. Screw you Toyota. I've owned 2 Prius and a Highlander Hybrid. I'm not buying another Toyota unless I find out this problem is fixed. And by the way, my lease is up in March of 2008. I'll be seeing the nearest Honda dealer...

(Ed: At least it was only a ticket and no vehicle or bodily injury from an accident trying to merge)

Good thing Lexus doesn't make Navigation for the Troops in Iraq....

....If Lexus wants to talk about dangerous situations, try merging back on to a 60+ mph highway from the shoulder because your passenger couldn't reconnect the Bluetooth phone system. Same goes for making Nav changes, I'm going to be killed when someone rear-ends my stopped vehicle on the side of the road because of this.....

• 1 month later...

Thanks in advance...

Bob

enjoy

I just bought the 07 RX400h could you tell me how to do the mod to watch DVD while driving and the rest. I have been reading so much the past couple of days and I am confused which one works and which doesn't.

Dinos

hi dinos

i don't know if you have solve your proplem since sep when you wrote in this issu but i am dialing the same proplem please respon if you have the nav-dvd operetional while driving.(ευχαριστώ)

GO to this site and read the comments and the come back and still say you don't blame Lexus

http://lexusoverride.com/comments.php

Here are some of my favorites

Lexus needs to stop trying to control its buyers. It is much more unsafe to have to pull over to the side of a highway in order to use the Nav system, as we have had to do. . . . . . . Greedy trial lawyers are the real culprits here, but Lexus needs to put its customers first for a change.

It really bothers me that you have to stop to use the navi. . . . . . . .

"I can't overemphasize how much it disappoints me that Lexus does not allow one to access Navigation, Hard Drive, and phone features while the vehicle is moving. Isn't it reasonable to assume that if someone is responsible enough to earn the money to purchase this vehicle that they are also responsible enough to utilize an on screen menu in a safe manner?! "

. . . . . .

I actually got a ticket from a cop on I95 in Maryland for pulling over to use my Nav system. He pulled up behind me when I stopped and put my flashers on. He walked over and asked me if I needed help. I explained that I was trying to put directions in my Nav system and had to pull over to do so. He informed me that he'd have to write me a ticket because I had pulled over on the highway and it wasn't an emergency!!!! It cost me $95 and 2 points on my license!!! TOYOTA! ARE YOU LISTENING!!! IT IS AGAINST THE LAW IN THE U.S. TO PULL OVER ON A HIGHWAY FOR A NON-EMERGENCY!!!! ARE YOU GOING TO REIMBURSE ME FOR MY TICKET???

. . .

At least it was only a ticket and no vehicle or bodily injury from an accident trying to merge)

Good thing Lexus doesn't make Navigation for the Troops in Iraq....

Errr, you don't have to "pull over / dangerous / ticket" etc, to activate the NAV. Example:

Ignition on. Access the NAV, input an address, and Hit 'I agree' then drive off. The end.

Now, if you really really really have to input an address while you drive, all you need do is unplug the modular speed sensors on the wheels. The down side? Your little motion wheel illustrations on the MFD won't appear to be moving . . . and if on ice, there's the possibility of High Rev wheel spin, which can hurt the HSD. Just be aware of that. Other than that? You're good to go.

Don't blame trial lawyers. They'e simply like any tool ... knives, guns, etc. In the wrong hands they can be abused. God forbid anyone ever has to sue an insurance company. But if you REALLY want to try it on your own, without an attorney, you might as well just shoot youself in the foot. Everybody wants to hate them, untill it's their turn to desperately need 'em.