Homelink Programming Problems

Just picked up my IS 250 AWD. I'm having the darndest time getting the Homelink programmed.

My garage door is a Genie Eccelerator with rolling codes. I tried holding the remote next to the mirror and holding down the buttons--that didn't work. For rolling codes, you must press the "learn" button on the opener, and the "depress" the homelink button 2-3 times. I got nothing. I even tried pulling the car in the garage and doing it, so it would be closer to the opener, but that didn't work. I also tried just holding down the homelink button, as I did on my Acura and Honda--that didn't work either.

Lexus service suggested checking homelink.com--the site has been down for 4 days.

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated.

I have the same exact openers.

After hitting the learn button, it's not just hitting the button in the car 2-3 times.

You need to hold the button in for a few seconds.

Be sure that you have programmed the HomeLink in your car before trying to link up to the opener.

You need to use your garage door opener to program the code into your car's homelink, and then you can go through the process of linking the car to the garage door opener.

You may also want to try reseting the opener in the car first (which I believe is just holding the two outside buttons down for 2-3 seconds). I don't know if you can over-write buttons once they're assigned and perhaps this is part of your problem. Basically, when all else fails - reboot.

Note that this will erase the other buttons (if already programmed to other uses).

You may also want to try reseting the opener in the car first (which I believe is just holding the two outside buttons down for 2-3 seconds). I don't know if you can over-write buttons once they're assigned and perhaps this is part of your problem. Basically, when all else fails - reboot.

Note that this will erase the other buttons (if already programmed to other uses).

Actually, it's more like 15 seconds to reset all the buttons.

Depending on your garage door opener, you might have to pair: first with the remote, then with the garage door opener.

Use the instructions from homelink.com, they're much better than the ones in the manual.

Not only can't I get it programed, in trying to program the homelink, the garage remote gets erased, and needs to be reprogramed (which reprograming works perfectly--so it's not the opener unit that's having the problem).

Bizzare.

Use the instructions from homelink.com, they're much better than the ones in the manual.

Not only can't I get it programed, in trying to program the homelink, the garage remote gets erased, and needs to be reprogramed (which reprograming works perfectly--so it's not the opener unit that's having the problem).

Bizzare.

$1,000 - I'll drive to your place and program it for you. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I am apparently not as smart as i thought i was either. i just watched the video instruction on homelink.com and its exactly what i did and what didn't work. My garage is a sliding gate. Does that make a difference? any other suggestions? Thanks.

I guess I lucked out - the girl who sold me my car set all that up for me. She showed me how - hold the remote next to the mirror, hold down the homelink button and then hold down the remote button. It'll start flashing slowly, and then when it flashes quickly it's done. It took us a couple of tries, though.

I guess I lucked out - the girl who sold me my car set all that up for me. She showed me how - hold the remote next to the mirror, hold down the homelink button and then hold down the remote button. It'll start flashing slowly, and then when it flashes quickly it's done. It took us a couple of tries, though.

You must not have rolling codes, which require pressing a button on the opener itself, and re-pressing the Homelink. Gonna buy new batteries for the remote and try again.