Ooops, Damaged Rx330 Key With A Mower... Help...

2ndlife

The keyblade of the master key was damaged by a mower but the keyless remote control part works fine. Lexus dealer will charge me $400 for a new key... Damn... After searhing Google for a night, I finally know how the pricy Lexus key works... Just several questions here... Please help....

1). Is the transponder built together with the keyless remote control part?

2). If so, could I make a new key by purchasing a key shell from ebay, getting its keybalde cut, and just putting the original remote control part(transponder) in the shell?

I appreciate your replies.....

The keyblade of the master key was damaged by a mower but the keyless remote control part works fine. Lexus dealer will charge me $400 for a new key... Damn... After searhing Google for a night, I finally know how the pricy Lexus key works... Just several questions here... Please help....

1). Is the transponder built together with the keyless remote control part?

2). If so, could I make a new key by purchasing a key shell from ebay, getting its keybalde cut, and just putting the original remote control part(transponder) in the shell?

I appreciate your replies.....

Problem solved. Tried the flat key with the keyless control part... that's transponder part too. Searhing this forum really helps....

Glad you found it by searching.

The other thing i would do is buy a blank with a shell from eBay with a new blade attached as i am sure you blade has detached from the plastic shell as well as being mulched.

Soffor about $50 you will be all fixed up.

Or if you just don't want to mess with it and get a new key, they can be had from www.lexus-parts.com for$150.

Yes, I bought a new key shell from ebay and the seller would cut my key after I give him the key code. That's the most economical way I could find... about $35 bucks.....