Fuel System - What Does It Include

CanadaCraig

Hi Guys!! :)

Maybe some of you will know the answer to THIS question.

What does the fuel system on a '93 LS include? For instance - there is the gas tank, then the fuel line, a filter, more line, a fuel pump, more line and the fuel injectors. Is there anything else? Is there more than one filter?

Thanks,

Craig!! :)

Fuel system chapter in my manual is pretty thick.......lots of stuff already mentioned plus the :

MAF, VVT sensor, throttlebody, vapor sensors, knock sensors, etc...

But the common main components are above the diffy as VMF pointed out. Fuel filter needs replaced every 60K (or probably 5 years) and the injectors can get clogged occasionally.

Thanks for the replies!!

So... ARE there TWO filters as skperformance suggests? And can BOTH of those filters be replaced? AND are those filters the only 'things' [related to fuel] that could get clogged up with dirty fuel?

Also... I've noticed lately [since they cleaned the injectors - 3 times] a whine that sounds like the electric fuel pump. Is that a common LS sound [not having been aware of it before] OR should I be concerned about that also?!

The car is going back to the Lexus dealer on Friday. [for the last time - in a long time - I hope]

Thanks,

One fuel filter........above the diffy as VMF stated.

And yes; the fuel injectors can get clogged up. I've never experienced this problem but others have. I think it is a rare occurance.

Craig,

If the next trip to Lexus doesn't quence all these issues, trade it in for 01 LS 430 or something :D

If the next trip to Lexus doesn't quence all these issues,  trade it in for 01 LS 430 or something :D

I'll trade it in on a bus pass!! :angry:

Thanks for the help!!

Oh... by the way... where it the fuel PUMP located? Is in IN the gas tank? If so - is it a big deal to replace?! [getting ready for anything!!]

Craig!! :(

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words - so THANKS - 99lsguy - for the 4,000 words!! I appreciate it!!

I'm trying to come up with a 'what I want them to do' list for Friday. Definitely have them change the fuel filter. But should I also have them change the fuel pump? Hmm... I'm also going to insist that they replace the warped exhaust flange with a NEW unwarped one. [something they should have done in the first place] If all goes as planned - I might even have them install new STRUTS. Will everything work out as hoped? Well... my fingers and toes are crossed - but I'm not holding my breath. We'll see.

Thanks again,

99, where did u get all these helpful PDFs? u seem to have one for every issue on the LS.

In addition to my Real 99 LS Manual ..........

I've got one on CD....the same toyota PDF files that are used in the Toyota / Lexus Publication....... an authentic CD!!

It contains both complete volumes for the 99LS and all electrical stuff too!!

I know it helps LOC a ton......so it's fun to share!

:cheers: