Battery Disaster

...that when the battary goes dead it causes all manner of problems with the alarm system. A freind sold here sc300 'cause she could't solve this problem....As I understood what she told...the battery went dead,the security system disabeled

the ignition system(not to mention the sound system security codes stuff)and when battery was charged up the vehicle was still disabeled......many hours at the shop,on several occassions,much headache....she sold the car for this reason....Is it plausable?

I'm considering owning a 1992 sc300,manual,and wonder if someone can inform me of the security system for this car?

Thanks

i and many others im sure disconnect the battery all the time wen working on the car, i had my battery die on me a few times before i got my new one, i have a sc300 manual and no problems like hers. although i used to work at this shop and we had a couple people come in with a problem like that, on aftermarket alarms (not the ignition though) and we just messed with it and got it to reset. but i am sure that if you get stuck like her all you have to do is take it to a dealer and they will tell u whats wrong, she must have not cared for the car or been wanting to sell it to dodge that easy of a thing to do

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I hope you all can help me.

I have the same problem on my 91 SC400. Yesterday I went to the car and found the battery was dead. This has happened a couple of time in the past, so I didn't think much of it.

I disconnected the battery, charged it up for several hours, and tried to hook it up. Suddenly, the horn is going off, the doors lock, and the car won't start. I pulled the horn fuse, so my neighbors would kill me, but the stupid alarm has been triggered, and I can't figure out how to reset it.

I don't want to spend too much money on fixing this, because I'm planning on selling the car soon, but I really need to use it until I do sell it.

ARGH!

Any help?

Mike

I have disconnected my battery so many times on my 1992 sc400, and never had a problem like that...on other sc's as well through the years. If the alarm goes off hit the disarming button on the key or use the key to open the passenger side door not driver side door. If memory serves me right, the alarm will go off...everything will reset.... If that doesn't work disconnect the battery completely again wait and re-try...Should not be a problem.

If the button does not work ,turn the key in the door lock and it will disarm the alarm. Just make sure the door is closed first

YAHOO! That did it. I don't have any remote or "button" on my key for the alarm, but the key in the door lock fixed my car.

Thank you, guys. I really do appreciate your help.

Mike

I have a 95 SC400 after letting the car sit for about 2 or 3 days, The battery was dead. I recharged my battery and everything is fine for now. As long as I'm driving the car everything is fine. But if I let it sit for a day or two the battery goes dead.(with a new battery at that)...Any Ideas ????? :

• 1 month later...

I have a 95 SC400 after letting the car sit for about 2 or 3 days, The battery was dead. I recharged my battery and everything is fine for now. As long as I'm driving the car everything is fine. But if I let it sit for a day or two the battery goes dead.(with a new battery at that)...Any Ideas ????? :

There is a short in the electrical system in the car that is grounded and draning the battery or you are leaving a light on.