Another Strange Problem

Here's some backround on what i have been experiencing with my car. At first

my car would lose all power and completely go dark while driving and applying the brakes. Also my interior dash lights would also blink when i hit the brakes and when i use my turning signals.

I ended up checking my battery terminals and found a loose connector. I tightened it and the problem completely stopped. I thought it was solved BUT yester day im driving and i go to stop at a red light and when i hit the brakes the interior lights blinked and the radio made a crunchy static sound and the music stopped playing for 3 seconds then played again. Also at the next stop light it did the same thing so i turned off the a/c and the car shut off.

I dont know if this may have anything to do with the problem but i do have a power steering pump leak, which i was told can burn out the alternator from the fluid dripping into it.

I dont know what's going on and i luv my SC BUT this problem is frustrating me and i have only had it for 10 months. :cries: HELP!

The alternator is directly below the PS pump so if it's leaking then it will leak PS fluid all over your alternator and kill it. So do as these guys say and get it fixed asap. Hopefully your alternator isn't toast too.

• 3 months later...