Cruise Into Summer At A Major Meet On Li

The following is a copy of an incredible meet that is forming at Floyd Bennet Field on Long Island. Let's try to make a valient showing at this meet and represent LOC in proud fashion. Posted by CL and LOC member lexusk8

EuroPacific Summer Showoff (aka Lex/BMW/Benz part 2), June 13th 2004

As most of you remember, the 1st meet (back in April 25th, pics found here) was a spectacular event to some extent, due to the unfortunate rain that drowned out the spirits of others. We received many wonderful feedback and comments though, saying that this idea of a luxury conglomerate meet is one of the best overall, and that hopefully we can do it again.

Well, this time, because of unwavering demand and the strong feeling of making up for the 1st meet, we are doing this meet again! It will be held at a bigger venue, Floyd Bennett Field (FBF), just off of Flatbush Ave. in Brooklyn NY. This location has the potential of holding 400+ cars, so as far as size and availability go, we pretty much got that part covered. Again, we are inviting all Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz owners in this event, but also welcome others (just to name a few: Audi, Infiniti, Porsche). You know it guys and gals, it's THAT time to show-off your pride and joy in time for the summer!

NOTE: We are close to finished getting an official permit from FBF to use space to hold the event. We will keep everyone posted.

EVENT TITLE:

EuroPacific Summer Showoff 2004

DATE & TIME:

Sunday, June 13th. Arrive @ 1:00 PM

RAIN DATE: Sunday, June 27th

Floyd Bennett Field (empty historic airfield in southern Brooklyn)

Floyd Bennett Field,

Brooklyn, NY 11234-7098 (Yahoo map directions are here

For those coming from Staten Island, central/southern NJ and all pts south, take 278 East across the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, go east on the Belt Pkwy, take exit 11A (Flatbush Ave), continue along Flatbush Ave going away from Brooklyn. Take a left onto Aviation Rd. (it should be the last cross road you see before the tolls). This well-signed road will lead you to Floyd Bennett Field.

For those coming from the Bronx, Queens, Long Island and Brooklyn, take the Van Wyck Expwy towards JFK Airport to Belt Pkwy west, take exit 11A (Flatbush Ave), continue along Flatbush Ave going away from Brooklyn. Take a left onto Aviation Rd. (it should be the last cross road you see before the tolls). This well-signed road will lead you to Floyd Bennett Field.

For those coming from Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and all pts north, take 95 south across the Whitestone Bridge, connect with the Van Wyck Expwy, and follow directions for those coming from the NYC boroughs.

FOOD:

We are currently in talks of holding a picnic in FBF for everyone who shows up at the meet. After we finalize all the details, we'll post up all the info!

RULES OF CONDUCT:

Everyone please read the following!

(1) No speeding, erratic driving or racing- If there is any of this type of behavior, it will not be looked upon kindly. There is a great danger when a large number of vehicles are speeding on public roadways. The last thing we want to do is endanger the safety of our forum members, and that of people on the roads in general. This includes any overly aggressive swerving, cutting people off, etc. As there will be a few caravans en route to the meet, there could be potential for catastrophe if someone decides to do their best "Fast and Furious" impression. Maintaining a safe speed on the road and not tailgating other cars can easily reduce this.

(2) No Loud Music, Burnouts, Excessive Revving- Since we are going to be gathering in a public area, we will most likely be under much scrutiny from park security and local law enforcement. This meet could be ended very quickly with a "loud music" call to the police. The same holds true for excessive revving, burnouts, etc. The organizers of this meet understand that there will be people present that have EXTENSIVE audio/visual mods done to their rides, and want to showcase them. We fully understand and endorse that, but ask that you keep your demonstration short and sweet to avoid any unwanted attention. Those with exhaust mods, will be asked to do the same, just a couple revs to "show what 'cha got" not sitting there bumping against the rev limiter. Burnouts/donuts, etc will simply NOT be tolerated at this

meet.

(3) No Cross Brand flames- This meet has great potential to birth a wealth of hybrid meets/collaborations in the future. This could be a networking opportunity of great proportions! Just think of all the tuners, shops, online resources, etc. that could be shared amongst 3 premier luxury vehicle groups! The last thing we want to do is let a few snide comments undermine this effort. The fact of the matter is, we all drive what we drive for a reason, that reason being solely important to us as individuals, let's respect that decision across ALL brands. No matter what, WE ALL STILL LOVE OUR CARS! So let's leave any pre-conceived notions at home and come with an open mind and respect for each other and have a GREAT TIME!

Coordinators:

lexusk8 (Doug)

DGOT20s (Derrick)

MSBoy (Ron)

tommy (Tom from mbworld.org)

Viktorious (Vik from mbworld.org)

Link to original CL thread

I shall start a list of LOC members that intend to go. Let me know if you are interested.

steviej ES300

SW03ES ES300

roberttran LX470

redstar1428 GS300

Lex Luthor (possible)

PhillyIS04 IS300

amf1932 ES300

redstar, directions are mentioned in the first post as well as a link to yahoo for a map.

Keep an eye on this post and for links caravans that get organized on CL.

I will do my best to keep LOC informed of all caravans and meet details as well as changes or cancellations.

steviej

• 2 weeks later...

Heya,

Unfortunately, I've gotta work (to be able to pay off my RX-300) on that

weekend. I really do hope for some good weather for everyone, but if

it gets a rain-out, I might be up for the make-up date on the 27th.

I'll look towards the future events,simply cause I know it's not gonna

rain (never rains on the weekends I've gotta work-- hmmm). Go figure.

PharmGuy