2022 ES300h | Need engine oil filter

195C4B6E-5349-4471-AABB-1AAC2E71D30D.thumb.jpeg.644c52633d29698d6e30fe1fdb3ab44a.jpegNeed to purchase engine oil filters but can’t find the correct part number to purchase. Here are the two different part numbers I’m seeing. 

•Toyota 90915-yzzf1

•Toyota 90915-yzzn1

Thank you for the help.

George 

Edited by George B22
Add photo

18 hours ago, George B22 said:

Thank you for the reply, those are well built. Only Toyota OEM oil filters manufactured by Denso for me! 

To each their own....nothing wrong with OE filters. 

Often, the best way to know for certain is to provide your VIN to either the dealership parts person or a Lexus OEM parts site. This way, there should be no choice of two different numbers. Does your car use a cartridge and filter element-type assembly? 

Nice ride, George! Great choice and the right color for the hot California desert.  Is this your first Hybrid?  From my experience, the Toyota/Lexus Hybrids love the hot weather from an MPG point of view. I just ordered a copy of your ride, also in white.  

Due to a severe leg injury, my wife needs a step stool to get in the RX so I relented to going back to the Sedan.

I tested the 2012 Camry H and I was able to get over 50 MPG at 55 MPH for 400 miles at 85 degrees outside, with AC off.  Next morning in a cold rain, it was only getting 46 MPG, all Interstate between St. Louis and KCMO.  In the suburbs / no interstate, it always got over 40 MPG.

Hybrid drive only w/o the engine running would only go about a mile in city traffic before kicking on the engine.

The ES300h specs...

2.5 liter 215 hp total @5700RPM Torque 163@3600 RPM.

43 city 44 highway MPG. A 13 Gal. tank  Range of 350 to 520 mi based on speeds between 50 and 70 MPH.

Dim: 196″ L x 73″ W x 57″ H vs. RX 193″ L x 75″ W x 67 H.

The electronically controlled transmission and Hybrid engine combination are now reaching the limit of efficiency, converting energy to work.

Great Choice, George!

Thank you, Les. It wasn’t easy to score this vehicle. Looked for awhile and this dealer magically had one appear in this color combination and after some back and forth we purchased it.

After one week of mixed driving we are realizing 37.3 MPG. We suspect the cars computer system is still doing some learning and we’re hopeful to see similar results to the factory MPG specs, but will keep you and others up to date here on this site. 

Very sorry to learn of your wife’s injury, good luck to her for a swift recovery. 

Since this is my wife’s car as well, we washed, clay bar and ceramic waxed it on Saturday. The paint was a 3 out of 5 star when taking delivery but now it looks a lot better, easily a 4. There are several blemishes that will not come out of the paint that we are disappointed about, so keep an eye out for that when your car arrives. Happy to send along the blem photos for reference. We keep our cars a very long time so getting things right initially is important. 

Happy Father’s Day to all!

-George 

• Like 1

Congrats there, George! Same here for the NX 350h and ES300h.  Waiting list only.  Two finally popped up in Birmingham. Both white with cream interior, and son of a gun if one was still not pre-sold - Listed in route from Georgetown KY.  Same place my Camry H was built.  A Story straight from my salesperson: A lady  had to put down a 3K deposit to get a NX 350h of specific colors and equipment. February order and it still ain't in. It's only a thousand down for a WYSIWYG.

I'm sure you have a good sun shade for the dash. The electronic and info system can get mighty hot in the Mojave.  My neighbor worked in Palmdale and he had to reach in and start the car and wait around till it was cool enough to sit down and touch anything. He did have a dark grey car.

Yes it does get hot here, we are blessed and are able to park this car in our garage! You’ll see our truck that doesn’t get driven much due to high fuel costs in the back drop, luckily I inherited my wife’s older Acura which is a little easier at the pump 

Yeah I got a lot of dealers telling me to put down a deposit and I all of them no. I wasn’t interested in committing to a single dealer. Had 6 dealers working to source one, we looked for 4 weeks and the moment one came in we drove and picked up same day. All worked out okay.

47649602-AA5F-4BBD-A03F-3FFFED572E91.jpeg

Persistence, George, was the key, for sure.  One clarification about engine vs. NET HP at the wheels:

The 2.5 liter 215 hp Dynamic Force, Atkinson-Cycle Engine develops 177 HP @5700 RPM, Torque 163@3600 RPM. Engine Model A25A-FXS.

However:

The vehicle has 2 electric motors (one in the front transaxle and one in the rear-end) for a combined Net 215 h p.

The gas engine is rated at 169 or 177 ft-lbs of torque and the electric motors provide an additional 149 ft-lbs of torque.

Different sites provide slightly different numbers.  It's not always clear to the reader which numbers they are talking about.

So, where AWD used to mean a drive shaft to the rear end, power to the rear wheels is via wire in Hybrids, and often expressed in KW.

• 4 months later...

For anyone else searching. Confirmed the following filter is correct. I’ve performed 2 oil changes using this model. Oddly enough Walmart now carries this filter for I purchased a half dozen units and store in our garage. 

Toyota 90915-yzzn1

Thanks, George, you must do some serious driving out there.  I just turned over 1,000 miles yesterday.  No error codes or warning messages so far.

How is the MPG holding up?  I'm still hitting 44 MPG city. Well over double what the RX 350 was putting out. As winter comes to the Deep South, I expect to see that drop to the upper 30's per my experience with the Toyota Camry H.