Road Trips

Lexus Owners Club

Going on an interesting Road Trip?  Got any advice for fellow travellers...which routes are best, what to avoid, best stopovers? Amazing Roads travelled (Route66, Stelvio Pass, Transfagarasan, Amalfi).

Share your Road Trip with us and inspire other Lexus drivers to follow your route

Back when I was working on Honda Preludes a bunch of folks from as far south as Georgia and north from New York would meet at a campground not far from Charlottesville VA in the fall and drive the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was called "Skyline Drive XX" (whichever year). My son and I went in 013 in his car but it began making a funky noise by the time we got to the campground. We chose not to participate and drove it back to Richmond VA. 

The car had a modified transmission that had an adapter plate to mount the tranaxle to the engine. Two bolts out of four had fallen off, one was loose and the sound was the plate that held the transaxle flopping back and forth. By the time we reached home the fourth bolt was loose and the third had about 1/2 the metal gone from the loose plate rubbing it. 

Skyline drive is awesome in the fall but the car needs to be tip top including brakes. Lots of hills with sweeping curves makes it fun but very taxing on the vehicle. Standard transmissions (or paddle shifters) are reccomended to save on braking. 

• Like 1