Hi all, I’m Steve and new here. I own a 93 Lexus GS300. I’ve always wanted a Lexus. The 2JZ motor has always impressed me for its reliability and this car stock still handles, rides and performs like a dream even with 360k on the clock. You can eat off the engine it’s still that clean.

Aside of lube maintenance the car has had its fair share of parts updates  upper and lower control arms all the way around, right rear hub and bearing, air compressor, alternator, water pump etc  the usual 100,000 mile maintenance  my Nakamichi stereo stops working when it’s wet out. I think there is a short in the amp. I’m getting this wop wop wop helicopter sound, like it’s clipping  

I’ve been looking for spare parts and new parts for my car and I am finding it difficult to source them. I will need some assistance there. There seems to be lots of 1st gen GS300’s in the states but only a few in Canada. The compression in my engine is still top notch across the board and I’m considering a 60mm turbo to hopefully get me in around 500hp and a 6 speed tranny  automatic is fine  I understand that none of the internals have to be changed to upgrade with a turbo but I think I will upg  Dr are a few things if I do get it put in.

Well cheers to you all. If you know of some good parts sources please let me know. I currently use rockauto.com 

E308636A-ECA6-4E58-90F3-841EA0551A4C.jpeg

9F14F84D-7980-47D3-9D59-37ADE09948CF.jpeg

• Like 1

I live in northern BC. Getting to the border is a bit of a run for me. 6 hrs just to the Vancouver border. Thanks for the link though. I will look into it. I called Lexus the other day looking for a steering rack, 2 upper control arms and a lower passenger control arm. They quoted me 6100 bucks from the parts department. I don’t know if he built the labour into the price but that was a little much. I can get moog control arms for 140 a piece. Lol

Edited by 1stgenlexusgs300

The problem I’m having right now is the rear suspension parts. Some are discontinued and unavailable. I did find a place in Calgary though that has 2 93 gs and 2 aristos. The lexus have less than 150k on them. He told me I could have the steering rack and all the rear end parts less the differential for 750 bucks. 

Wow! That's a good find. Older vehicle parts can certainly be hard to find unless the vehicle is a Corvette, Camaro, or Mustang. 

Online Lexus OEM parts can save you some money compared to local dealerships. I guess it won't hurt to ask if the online dealership can ship to Canada.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard. 

I moved this to 1st gen GS cars since that may provide more specific information to your car. 

Here in the states some junkyards have a set up where you request a model of a vehicle, in your case the gen 1 years and they send you an email when one arrives. Many will pull the part for a small fee. Some even mail them. 

https://www.salvage-parts.com/scrap-yards/canada

Try this ^^