AWD Alignment with Lane Assist Camera RX 450h F Sport 2020

AWD Alignment with Lane Assist Camera RX 450h F Sport 2020:  Purchased new Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires today at a tire store.  I asked if they could perform an alignment and they indicated no, they couldn’t.  

Their reason is, my model has the lane assist feature and camera below the front Lexus emblem; the tire dealer said they would love to have provided a free alignment (comes with the tire purchase), but they didn’t have the computer plug-in to reset the lane-assist component.  

The tire dealer indicates when you perform an alignment on a vehicle which has “Lane Assist” that system must reset it after completing the alignment, or it would mess up the vehicle.  The tire dealer said I would need to have an alignment performed at either a Lexus or Toyota dealer.

I’d be interested in hearing what others have experienced with this issue.  

Hi Chuck! I have the same RX you have. The camera used for lane assist in not under the emblem but uses the one in your windshield. Since the electric steering is used to adjust steering based on road markings detected by the camera, getting the system calibrated seems about right.  IF you replace a cracked windshield, same thing I heard. What does Toyota want to do the alignment "When" you actually need one?

• Like 1