Cabin air filter problem

Wayne A. Johnson

Our 1999 LS400 vin JT*BH28F7X0141405 has a cabin air filter "holder" and I think the last brand of filter was a Denso. I ordered from eBay a Delco filter with this description on the ad "Cabin Air Filter-HEPA Cabin Filter Bosch 6045C fits 93-00 Lexus LS400". It will not fit the holder at all and cannot be forced into the filter slot. I have looked at the Bosch website and it indeed, state that this is the correct part number. At this point, I'm ready to order from whatever the OEM filter was made by. Can someone tell me the correct Denso part number? Photos show the differences between the old and new. The old one fits down inside the holder and the Bosch bows up because it's too thick. Thanks in advance

Filter 1.jpg

Filter 2.jpg

Filter 3.jpg

That filter is included among many choices on the rockauto.com page for cabin filters that are for your vehicle.
1999 LEXUS LS400 4.0L V8 Cabin Air Filter | RockAuto

There is a note that states:

"FitsFront Only
orRear Position"

I'm not sure what that means. One option is to call Bosch or rockauto and ask them about your demonstrated discrepancy.