E-brake Shoes

I have a '93 es300 and the rear brakes have been driving me nuts. A grinding noise has been coming from them for a few months. First, I thought it was the wear indicator on the pads......replaced them and still had the noise.....So I thought to myself..."Self," maybe it's these old rotors......replaced the rotors....still the noise. As I removed the rotors, I noticed that the e-brake shoes were quite worn and should be replaced. Since then, I have looked all over for new shoes and the only place I could find them is through a dealer @ $80. Does anyone know where I could get a better deal? I've tried ebay and most of the online stores with no luck. Please let me know if anyone knows of a place. Thanks.

B)

Thanks for the reply doubleO. That seems to be the consensus. I guess I'll have to break down and spend the money at the dealers. I just emailed a second dealer to see if there will be any price differences. I will be sure to post the results of my findings.

There is the possibility of the back plate, behind the rotor, being slightly bent. This will make a grinding noise as the rotor turns.

I will remove the wheel and rotor again and double check. I too thought these shoes should never get worn, because I rarely use the parking break. I think they may have come out of adjustment. I will check the back plate too and make sure it's not rubbing either. I'll let you know.

On my previous '96 ES, I used to get some noise coming from the rear brakes, only when I apply the brakes on my first drive out in the morning. It turns out that the e-brake shoe area in the rear needed to be cleaned up because of lack of use of the parking brake. Midas cleaned it up for less than $40. Now I use the parking brake everyday, and I recommend it so that your e-brake shoes don't get worn out.

OKay.....I removed the rotor and checked out the Parking brake shoes. Everything is functioning properly. The backplate is fine and is not rubbing against the rotor. The noise happens both when applying the brakes and when just driving. I noticed that inside the rotor there is one area where the shoe is still rubbing. These are brand new rotors and the same thing happened on the old one. One other thing I noticed was that the bearing had just a little play to it while the driver's side didn't. Could this be the cause of the problem? If so what is the part called and where could I find it. Any advice is greatly appreciated.