Got It Back!

I finally got my car back!!! I missed it sooooo much!!! If you didn't know, I had to get a built tranny and torque converter. Now the car can handle the 450hp that I have. I love the new tranny!!! I've got some new pictures if you want to take a look, check it out at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/522849. Now it's time to get more power!!!

Sweet ride. I like the rims as well. Is that a paintjob that you did after getting the car? I like it! You should nick name it "Silver Bullet" if your making 450Hp. And how would you say the tranny performs now?

The paintjob came with the car. Thanks, funny thing my friend also nick named it silver bullet, but I call it turbo coupe. The tranny performs like "butter". kinda jerky b/w 1st and 2nd and back, but it def. holds the power now, and shifts better than stock also the built torque converter helped out a lot by not having a "lag" in b/w gears.

yea i heard from my transmission guy that toyota torque converters are really good the main impeller (i guess you call it) is furnace brazed (not spot welded like other companies) and a good tranny shop that can do performance work can really do things to the tranny that can hold the power. so apparently these trannies we have are good to mod.

No, I did not put the kit on myself, I had to get it professionally installed because of the incompatibility of the kit. By saying incompatibility, I mean the f/max kit is genericly made to fit different cars evidently. I spent $3,000 to get it installed and 1 1/2 months later. I hated that part. Honestly, I think if you get the boost logic kit, which is what I would rather have instead, I think you could personally install the kit yourself if you somewhat know what you are doing. The boostlogic kit is probably the best one out there currently. about $4,500 for the kit and you can choose for a bigger turbo if you like and different parts also. The whole kit looks chrome and is beautiful. check them out at www.boostlogic.com.