I have a problem with the Hybrid battery not working:
1. Problems first appeared very suddenly in Late October 2016 when temperatures were well above 0°C.
2. Traction battery shows continually full (6-7 bars on display – 70% - 85%) and is continually charging.
3. Even at low speeds at temperatures above 6°C only runs on battery for 10 – 30 seconds, and then needs engine assistance.
4. Consumption now 8.0 – 9.5 l/100 per tank, increased from 6.5.
5. Occasionally, when the vehicle is parked overnight with the battery showing full, it immediately displays around 30% on start-up the next day, but charges to full within ½ kilometre.
6. When, on full battery, vehicle is forced into EV mode even at speeds less than 20kph, will empty the battery from 80% to 30% within ½km and then recharge very over the same distance to 80%.
My local dealer had the car for 3 days, for extensive testing and states 'diagnostics showed no problem'
Effectively I have a gas engine car, not a hybrid and the dealer and Lexus Canada are stating that the car is normal. Anybody have similar problems