1997 Lexus SC 300 For Sale: I am the second owner of this car. I bought it from a Doctors wife when it was 5 years old, Always garaged, all service done per the book. anything that failed was replaced with Lexus parts, Always driven by me, 71 years old now. Interior and exterior in beautiful condition. everything but the CD player works (never has but I am not a music lover so never had it diagnosed). The car runs fantastic. Burns no oil between changes. All service records available. White, tan leather, 5 spoke optional factory wheels in excellent condition (chrome). 154,000 miles. I and more importantly my mechanic, would drive the car cross county without concern. Hate to sell it but I am having difficulty getting in and out of it. Too old to haggle. $6,000 firm. You will be proud to drive it anywhere. rscottm4554@gmail.com

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By sc0wn3r
      Selling my car.  Located in So Cal.  Message me if interested.  Here's the link to my CL listing:
      https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/6361354962.html
      113000 original miles 
      Daily driver
      Runs great
      3rd owner (friend of 1st and 2nd owner)
      All original, no mods.

Bad:  
      Driver window needs to be fixed.
      Minor head gasket leak into engine compartment
      Keep in mind this is a 20 year old car so the original paint and interior are not perfect and reflect being parked outside all of its life.
      Dent behind passenger door.
      Driver seat torn.
      Tape deck and factory sub don't work.
      Auto antenna grinds, but works.
      No key fobs.
      Passenger rear view mirror housing is loose, temporarily fastened in place.

Good:
      Clean title.
      Runs perfect.
      22-26 mpg average.
      AC blows cold.
      Sunroof works.
      12 disc Lexus CD changer in trunk.
      Electric driver and passenger rear view mirrors work.
      Power seats work.
      New tires with approx 5000k miles.
      Major service 30k miles ago: timing belt/tensioner/pulley, water pump, coolant, serpentine belt & tensioner, transmission filter & fluid, front/rear rotors & pads, brake fluid flush, rear struts, spark plugs, fan clutch, distributor o-ring.
      Serviced by Toyota/Honda mechanic every 5k miles... no known issues aside from head gasket leak.
      Recently rebuilt starter.

• By datarecovery
      Selling to highest bidder on eBay. I suppose it is appropriate to post here:
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/122659862496?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2648
      It has been a good car. Rebuilt ECU according the LSCowboy and Yamae recommended capacitors. Shifts like a dream.
      New transmission mount and timing belt and water pump done this past week 8/20/17.
      Leather as seen in pics but I just found an exact car with nicer leather seats also 110K, that I can give you that info if you are interested.
      If interested in this car please reach me at 781-449-9990. I and the car are located in Sarasota Florida. Always has been a Florida car.

• By OLD GUY WITH SC
      98,000 miles.  original owner.  technician replaced a/c compressor in 2016.  now we can see green dye "draining" from flow tube of evap coil.  system holds charge for several months before a/c no longer performs effectively.
      REQUEST: I would appreciate some advice as to COST or ALTERNATIVES or SITES I could search for just what is entailed in the removal / replacement of the evap coil.  The tech is researching also but tells me the complete dash board needs to be removed in order to get at the coil.  LABOR will likely be the highest cost.  I am wondering if there are alternate routes we can go.
      Thanks in advance for your suggestion(s).

• By RLMarden
      We recently purchased a new 2017, Lexus RX350 and love it.  Selling our original, one owner, 1994, LS400, with 88,000 miles.  This superior designed and built, Generation 1 Lexus has been  faithful to us as we have been faithful to it.  We loved it and still love it.  Its new owner will be blessed with full maintenance documentation and records from DAY ONE and any responses to any questions regarding its history will leave our hands with full disclosure of only "the truth".  We would not hesitate to keep it and insure it with Hagerty Insurance as a "modern classic", BUT we do not have the room.  If it should not sell to the right appreciative and discriminating buyer of this superior condition Lexus, we may have to make room!  It is in truly excellent condition and will serve its new owner well.  An ad is posted with www.ClassicCars.com.  Go to the ad directly from Classic Car's front page by entering "979779"  in the "cc-" prompt where indicated.  Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions at woodman486@kc.rr.com.