2004 Phone Interface

bking12747

on the 2004 ls430 bluetooth cellphones interface with the car automatically. lexus has intentionally disabled access to the keypad and phone book when the car is moving. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket software fix? Lexus will not help.

No, the only way to fix this is to install a switch that deactivates the navigation system's speed sensor momentarily and allows for use of all navigation functions, LOTS of wiring, advanced electronics, and warrenty voiding there. Sorry :(

• 4 months later...

Actually the speed sensor switch installation is fairly simple. It's just a matter of finding which wire. But the NAV may or may not disable that bypass in about 30 seconds when it figures out the car is moving by the GPS signal.

If you have a picture of the back of your navigation system and it's the same model as mine, I maybe able to tell you which wire.

I need the model # on the front of NAV, lower right corner as well as the picture of the back of your NAV.

If you can also get the close up picture of the bluethooth module, that'd be great since I'm trying to retrofit my other car for Bluetooth.

• 1 month later...

Cut violet/white wire behind nav screen. When you are looking at it from behind it is the wire that is at the bottom left of the plug. It doesnt mess the nav up at all. All it does is bypass keypad disable. Now getting nav screen out is not very easy. I usually get about $200 to do this. But since this is a forum and they are all about helping people out here ya go. have fun.

$200 for cutting one wire and installing a single switch????  :chairshot:

Check out the link below.

This mod will let you have that and more... (DVD on Nav, camera on anytime).

http://www.siennaclub.org/forum/index.php?...indpost&p=45319

$200????  :censored:

He has to make a living doesn't he? $200 he mentioned was for the labor of removing the hard to remove navigation screen...not for the cost of cutting a wire.

Thank you 92lex. Just to give a clue seany trim around inst cluster has to come out glove box and most component in center console.There is no switch my modifacation doesnt mess with nav at all. Also this is a $70k car not a $25k mini van.

On a lighter note piping the vidieo into the rearview camera port doesnt that input time out after a certain time?

SO agreed

not everyone wants to rip apart ehir dash , besides

before he mentioned it a few people ( myself included) never knew it was that simple.

It is not like he is being an !Removed! and saying come to my shop and for $200 he will fix it,he told you how for free which is a comendable thing in todays market