anna4

RX300 Radio/Tape No sound BUT CD works

Anyone experienced this problem or know how to fix it?

My 2000 RX300 stock Pioneer stereo works with the CD player but there is no sound with either the FM/AM radio or the tape player. You can select Tape or radio but there is no volume regardless of what it says on display.

I don't think it would be an amp issue since CDs play fine. I've been thinking about pulling out the stereo unit and resoldering everything but before I do I was hoping for some advice on what it might be and/or diagrams. I've checked and replaced the fuses (they weren't blown)

Thanks!

Hi, and welcome to the Forum

I would advise removing the head unit from the dash for external examination and see if you can spot anything obvious with wiring, etc if not then pull it apart to check...what have you got to lose, if it doesn't already work?

Let us know how you get on with it all

Cheers  Trevor

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Enduro
      Hello, 
      I recently bought a Lexus RX330 with AWD and want to know if there is a community around taking these on trails? So far I haven’t come across any and I am interested in finding others who are pioneers in building an off-roading Lexus! I have plans for bigger at least all terrain tires soon and want to know if anyone has done it yet? So far I cannot find any that will fit my current tire size P235 55R18. And when I say off road I don’t mean like a Jeep who climbs mountains I mean simple trails where you can stop, pull off and camp. With some rocky terrain where beefer tires would help immensely. The trail I have pictured is Crab Flat Rd, North of running springs if any of you are familiar with the So Cal area. 

• By RyGuy2484
      I just purchased a 2004 GX470 about a month ago.  It has the Marc Levinson sound system with navigation, cassette radio unit with a multi-disc player in the glove box.  When you push the Audio button the nav screen, all the screen says is "Audio Off" with no audio coming from the radio.  When my lights are on at night, I noticed the radio unit itself is not illuminated which makes me believe I have a power issue possibly to the radio unit. After some research, I did come across the Service manual for the radio ( http://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...-toyota_kex-m8527-kex-m8727_servicemanual.pdf ).  
      If I put in a destination in the navigation, you can hear the audible instructions.  If you push the other buttons on the nav screen, you can hear an audible tone at the press of the button.  However, when you push the audio button, it just gives you the message "audio off".  I brought a multimeter home from work the other night to check the power coming through the wiring harnesses and from what I could tell, I am not getting any power.  (***Side note - I know enough to be dangerous but I do not claim to be a technician by any means and most of my information is from some engineering friends and YouTube...).  I referenced the various pin positions in the radio service manual to know which ones to check.  I also checked with the vehicle key turned to ACC mode and then also checked with the engine running.  Both times, it didn't appear that I had any power coming through to the radio unit.  I also checked the fuses and they all seemed to be fine.
      I called one of the local car audio shops here in town that I received a good recommendation from and he basically said good luck and they wouldn't touch it with being OEM and knowing all the issues that the Marc Levinson system has had.
      Has anyone else seen this issue?  Any ideas on where the power would actually be coming from that feeds the radio head unit?  The wire schematic is included on the service manual but it's tough to make heads or tails of it.
      Thanks in advance for any responses.
    • By austinboston
      Hi,
      I have owned my 2000 Lexus rx300 since they came out, but I have never tried to do any kind of mechanical work on it. Just not that guy. Well, my alternator just died and a friend said that it was easy to replace. So....I disconnected the negative on battery, now trying to remove the electrical connections from alternator. One with a few small wires inside came off fairly easily, hope I fidn't greak it. The other I have no idea how to remove. I guess that the connector covers the electrical wire to the battery. Do I push or pull or pry it off? None of these sound like good ideas to me. I atttached a photo of it.
      Meanwhile I located and loosened the pivot bolt. Now I am debating how I am going to reach the other 2 bolts I beed to remove. I watched some videos but ghey did not provide enough detail for me. I would appreciate any help.

• By zcoco300h
      Just bought a sweet used 2013 ES 300h which I love however the stock stereo is underwhelming. Coming from an '09 Camry Hybrid with a JBL package (which was pretty good, great bass).
      This is the nicest car I have owned so far and I would like to avoid putting an actual sub and amp in the truck and dicking around with wiring etc. I would like to get alittle more bass out of the system though and hope that this can be done by upgrading the rear deck woofers.

Any ideas/ past experiences etc...?

Thank you!