Muffler

hi guys,

i'm new on this site, i have a 92 es 300, i've done a fair bit of work to it, i'm hoping to do an exhaust system soon. i'm looking for a deep throaty tone, nothing too loud. plus i don't know whether or not in should go cat back or not, but i've been told i should. i'd like to hear your opinions.

cheers.

to keep it quiet as possible keep all the piping from the cat to the resonator as there are no bends and it keeps it quiet change the rear pipe form the resonator as it is crushed at its bends to free up a few ponies

the muffles is all up to what you want and price as well as what is available in your area.

what work have you done?

Do a search on mufflers on the LOC and you'll get a ton of stuff. It seems to all depend on whether a kit fits your car and is that kit worth it or not. Otherwise you could just get the mufflers you want and have a shop hook it up. There are a lot of choices on Ebay as well for mufflers (most are knock-offs though so be careful).

Good Luck and post pictures!

• 2 weeks later...
to keep it quiet as possible keep all the piping from the cat to the resonator as there are no bends and it keeps it quiet change the rear pipe form the resonator as it is crushed at its bends to free up a few ponies

the muffles is all up to what you want and price as well as what is available in your area.

what work have you done?

Okay, I'm looking to get a muffler soon, where exactly do I keep the piping?

Well, from my reading of the posts, the advice is to replace the piping coming out from the resonator to the muffler with 2.5" that is not as pinched. I have read posts where the resonators were removed and the new piping simply went straight into a Magnaflow muffler. It was a SC model on the LOC. Do a search and you can find it I am sure.

Here is the photo I believe:

post-7-1084112932.jpg