Degreased My Engine

Just want to put out a word of warning from my own experience...be extremely careful with the water under the hood. I gave my LS's V8 what I thought was a gentle rinse off, but I start her up and she barely runs. As it it turned out the entire right hand bank was full of water, and half of the left bank(I think just cyl.'s 6 & 8) was full too! :blushing: Anyways almost $300 in parts down the road, the car was back to running fine. Needless to say my engine looks a lot better!

Dotcomer, do you have any pics of your nav setup? It'd be great if you'd share, please!! ;) I'd like to see what the aftermarket's got for the folks that don't want one of those flip out deals for $2+k. Nice work with the engine.

Silver, what tire foam do you use?

:cheers:

The NO TOUCH in the purple can is great stuff. Kind of like spraying lacquer. I use it on the black plastic underbody trim and wheelwells too. I hated that nasty foam stuff. I bought a 3-pack at Costco cheapo

thanks! I'll have pics of the nav up tomorrow morning. I had to send it in for an update about a year ago. It's not bad. Sure has helped me out on job appointments, job interviews, dates and weekend trips! of course, it won't find my 2 buddies new homes, but that's ok. Oh yeah, and it's not perfect. There's this one highway entrance I used to use that was a right hand turn and the Nav's voice would always say "left turn in xxx miles". Very weird.