Saw A Sportdesign In Person

SW03ES

We were driving around today looking at Priuses for my fiancee and we dropped into Lexus of Silver Spring, they had a black 04 Sport Design. It looks better in person, but not much.

1. I like the SportDesign badge, small and understated but makes the car look different.

2. I LOVE the black pearl badges. I had never seen an ES with them before. They looked awesome on the black, I'm definately going to do that to mine eventually.

3. The grey wood is pretty cool, makes the interior look kind of stark though. They must have dropped that whole "grey interior console will be black plastic" thing like we saw in the original photos, thankfully.

4. Still can't get behind the wheels. Stylistically they look good, but they're just TOO dark. If they were one or two shades lighter they'd look much better. They just look dirty.

Not bad, I wouldn't buy one though. I'd still buy an ordinary ES.

I have to decide this week if I am going to commit to the black pearl badge makeover on my ES. If I do, I want to do it my Sunday to show next weekend.

We shall see. If I don't like it, I will sell them to you. Of course I will decide this before I peel the protective strip off the adhesive.

You hit the wheel right on the valve stem. They look dirty. When I saw them in person I was thinking they looked like primer, or brushed gun metal.

steviej