2006 Rx330 Water In Floor

If it's anything like my Sienna it's relatively easy to remove the rear bumper cover but it's easier if you have help. There might be how-to videos on YouTube. If not, the videos for the Sienna might suffice since the Sienna is, IMO, just a bigger RX.

Jim,

I found the video on YouTube for the Sienna. It looks relatively easy now that I can see the possiblities. I may not need to remove the whole thing, just pull the left side far enough away from the car to look behind it. I'm going to give it a try this weekend and will let you know what I find.

Thanks for your help, again.

Once I get in there and find the seam or wherever it is leaking, any suggestions on what I should use to repair it? Something like Bondo or RTV silicon?

I'm thinking that silicone would be a safe bet. It will be interesting to see what you find - might be damage from a collision that was not repaired due to it being hidden by the bumper cover like the situation I had on the off-lease 2000 LS400 I bought in 2003.

Well, after persistence in eliminating one thing after another, I found that there was a body seam behind the bumper cover that was separated and allowing water to leak into the rear cargo area. Once I determined that it was not the tail light seal or any of the other fastener holes and openings in that area and was able to remove the bumper cover, the source was very obvious (as you can see from the photo below). I took a funnel with a long spout and was able to direct a steady flow of water on this split and saw that most of the water ended up inside the car. I used some black RTV silicon sealer/adhesive and was able to stop the leak.

Thanks to everyone for their help in resolving this issue that has been going on for almost 2 years now.

I hope these photo links work.

16249xh.jpg

16s8i9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After a couple of weeks of heavy rains and a couple of washings, the interior is still dry. I am convinced now that this seam was the problem. I have re-assembled the interior of the car and returned it to my daughter.

Thanks again for everyone's help in resolving this issue.