Lexus Es 300 Dvd Navigation System/problem - Upgde

Guys,

Just happened to see this website and very impressed with this. I just registered and this is my first post.

I bought a new ES 300 in May 2003 and simply love it. It drives smoothly, is so quiet and the built in DVD navigation sytems works like a dream.

Of late i have noticed something in navigation system screen. When driving , the screen does not show all the small streets/roads which are near my present place of location. It only shows the names of major roads. Iam in the Houston area.It used to show these small street names before(about two months back). Is there something i need to do or does this mean it needs a upgrade?

All inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

On the touch screen(upper left) you can adjust the "scale of miles" that the picture displays. Also, in the setup screen you can default everything back to normal. This is assuming that you originally had the proper display before. Upgrading the "firmware"(software) only serves to give you more POI's and new streets that were not there when the database on the DVD was produced. I recently bought the newest DVD for my car since certain street addresses weren't showing up when I tried to program them into the NAV. This new DVD corrected the situation.