Screen Freezing Up Is 250 F Sport

Hi Everyone! My first Lexus and my first post :-)

Last Thusrday I picked up my new 2015 IS 250 F Sport. I Was so excited! Before I left the dealer, I plugged in my HOME destination on the GPS just to test it out.

Shortly there after, the screen locked up on both the main display and the mini display on the left side of the speedometer/Tach. However, I continued to get turn by turn updates verbally from the system.

All the way home it was locked up. I shut the car off for a few minutes and turned it back on. The system unlocked and actually prompted for a software update. I did the update and started to mess around with the settings and radio station presets. The screen locked up again and has done so a few times now. I have less than 500 miles on the car. Is this a known issue that the dealer should be able to fix?

Thanks in advance to any feedback I get from the group.

My IS250 has done the same thing. When the car was restarted it was okay. Never did it again but I haven't driven the car much. I foresee into the future and all these electronics will be a terror for future owners of our new current cars.

Can you say Warranty?

Yes, your dealer will probably be able to take care of you. It could just be a re-boot of the software. As Denny was saying his IS has hiccuped once before and I frankly can't remember these issues being brought up only on a rare occasion.

Always remember that your Lexus has a 4 year, 40,000 warranty. That covers everything from bumper to bumper.

Let us know what you find out.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Hi MLPower,

I'm having the same issue..also taking my car to the dealer. Out of curiosity, can you update us on what they told you when you went?

Thanks!

They were unable to replicate the problem. The tech said that they would likely have a new software update down the road. He said that I was not the only one that he has seen with the problem.

Also, Since I left the dealership, it hasn't done it again! It's been working perfectly since!