Options Available On Gx 470

Surveyor

I am in the market for a new GX 470. I test drove one at a local dealer, then researched the options at Lexus.com and other Internet sites. Most sites seem to indicate the options are really optional but the dealer is telling me a different story. I want a GX with the Nav system with backup camera and Mark Levinson Sound System and the KDSS Option but I do NOT want the 3rd row seat and/or Rear Seat Entertainment System. Dealer tells me I can't get it this way... can only get the Nav/Sound system WITH the 3rd row seating. What's the true story on this... can you order a GX the way you want it or NOT? I have ordered other cars in the past and was able to build them the way I wanted them. understanding that certain options require certain other options, etc. etc. but that is usually spelled out in the brochures or websites or ordering forms. I'm not getting that impression with the Lexus GX. All the sites I've reviewed so far list the 3rd row seating and the Rear Seat Entertainment System as OPTIONS and nothing I can find says if you want the Nav/Sound option you have to have those other options as well. What's the real story here?

:cries: Give me a second while I pull out my violin. Here's what I found out during my quest for a Blizzard Pearl GX with KDSS. After a few months of reviewing the factory allocation reports with my salesman, here's what came out. Only 10% of the trucks built for the Western Region have KDSS. All of those have the third row seat, rear entertainment as well as Navigation/Backup Camera and ML options. Of the 10% with KDSS built in January/February (all 10 of them :( ) only four of those were Blizzard Pearl :angry: . So, I settled for a dealer allocated Black Onyx/Gray interior GX with KDSS. Somewhere in another thread I talk about having a 1999 black GS400 and being tired of keeping the car clean. Anyway, that's the story about mandatory "options" from Lexus. My third row seats are in a closet and I may never find out if the DVD player works. When you think of having some $3500 in unwanted options plus $1750 for KDSS it makes one doubt their own sanity. But, I love this truck!!!!!

Thanks GS400jon for the response. Seems the situation is still as you encountered. If I want KDSS I get all that other extra stuff I don't want and if I'm really lucky I might get one in Blizzard Pearl. I guess I'll know in about a week if there is one out there to be had. Got any room in your closet? My wife absolutely doesn't want that 3rd row seat and is going to give me heck when she sees it taking up space somewhere. She's less easy to convince that you have to buy something with options you don't want but I really want the GX... drove one last year and can't find anything that compares to it.

I'm laughing at your response about the third row seats. You know, I asked my salesman if I could store the seats at the dealerhship until it was time to sell the truck. He started laughing and I just couldn't keep a straight face. Well, the upside is, I had to get rid of some old stuff in MY closet to make room for the seats. The last upside is someone out there is going to like having the third row seats, AC and entertainment system when I am ready to buy the new "GX500". That's the one with 300 HP gas and 200 HP electric and gets 70 MPG AND comes only with two rows of seats.

:) :) :) :)

• 1 year later...

I own a 2005 GX470, ash blue mica, with KDSS. Also I did not want the third row seat. But any way have to pay to have them in the closet. I love the color combination of the Black Bird's Eye Maple wood with the Ivory Leather, it gives a fabulous and expensive look to my truck interior. My daughter love the rear entertainment system. I think the only thing I paid more to get, without wanting to, was the third row seat. However, to feel myself better, I think it will be good to have it, for the time I sell this truck to get another one.

When I decided to buy a 2005 GX470, I wanted without doubt the Sport Package with KDSS and complete trailing system., however din't like the Ash Blue Mica, i liked the Blizzar Pearl, but this color is not available with the Sport Package.

Wilmag

2005 GX470

Ash Blue Mica

Sport Package with KDSS and all other options.