Who Has Experienced The Rear "rattling" Problem

I have a '96 ES300 with 123k miles and haven't had a problem with the car except replacing one of the front axles. I just got new tires yesterday and the ride is great now, but I'm fed up with the rattling noise in the trunk. I've read a bunch of stuff about it from the search results. A lot of people ask questions about it, but they never really post if they fixed it or not. Now I know most people say it's from the struts, or bushings, but what has everyone who has had this problem done about it? I've also read about a bolt being loose, has anyone corrected it by this way? Thanks.

Drew

One such source could be the trunk lid springs. Each is a long rod the goes from one trunk hinge to be anchored on the other side of the trunk by the other trunk hinge. Since they cross each other closely, and in some instances even touch, check to see how far apart they are at the midpoint between each hinge. I jammed a small piece of foam rubber between them on one car to cure the rattle problem. Could yours be doing the same thing?