Key Shell Broken

All of the (3) key shell housings for my 2005 RX 330, have a small crack near the

screw. They all work fine. All I want to do is replace the shell, but the local Lexus dealer wants $75.00, for a new key/shell AND $245.00, per key to reprogram them. That is truly not happening!

I have seen some of the key/shells on Ebay. Can I buy these shells and blank keys and just transfer my key and remote into the shell and call it a day! If so, which should I buy?

Tryingtofixitmyself

Don't buy eBay unless it Lexus brand the Chinese stuff is junk ! if you Pay the $75 for a shell it should include cutting the HS blade! You can't fix it yourself without going to a reputable locksmith or dealer!$ 245 is a more than fair for a new key ! BMW owners pay $140 more! Owner of 2 RXs

All of the (3) key shell housings for my 2005 RX 330, have a small crack near the

screw. They all work fine. All I want to do is replace the shell, but the local Lexus dealer wants $75.00, for a new key/shell AND $245.00, per key to reprogram them. That is truly not happening!

I have seen some of the key/shells on Ebay. Can I buy these shells and blank keys and just transfer my key and remote into the shell and call it a day! If so, which should I buy?

Tryingtofixitmyself

Hi Bruce and welcome to the LOC.

You may want to check with our LOC approved parts vendor for a check on prices. Sewell Lexus in Dallas has a large parts house that offers hefty discounts to our LOC member. I had to buy a new FOB for my 2013 ES350. The dealer quoted $320. I checked with Sewell and bought it for $160. When you sign on be sure and register yourself as a member of the Lexus Owners Club.

Sewellparts.com

Paul