So Where's The Pizzaz?

midwesterner

I had and still have bunches of cars. After driving the 400 then the 330, I wanted some of that Pizzaz. The M5 I looked at was just nasty evil looking and oozed with Pizzaz. BUT, you can't go wrong with Lexus and I wanted an economical (kinda) car that I could enjoy. After the way I tortured that Miata I had burning off a set of new tires in 4000 miles, I'm kind of over that portion.

I doubt that I will ever own more than one car again. It was too hard to keep 2 cars up to my standards. I would spend all day detailing my Camaro, then it would sit in the garage for months and collect dust. I just want one nice car, unless someday I'm able to afford and obtain a nice first gen Camaro. I don't see that happening though. Nice ones have gotten out of site price wise.

Yes, I too will probably get down to 1 car (per driver) when fully retired, or at least maybe.

Pizzazz as mentioned by OP is a more subtle approach, at least in the premium car business. It's not about pure sports cars or high powered pony cars. Even a 911 or Vantage "sports car" is remarkbly refined and luxurious as expected by this kind of buyer.

Sure the M3/M5/C63/E63/IS-F are at the somewhat extreme end of the spectrum, but the sports packages (including F-sport packages and accessories) and higher horsepower mid-level engines offered one level down are important in the premium business to attract and keep customers. This is what helps make premium cars a notch above common Accords, Sonatas, Camrys, Altimas, etc.

Pizzazz, need to keep it coming Lexus (just as BMW and Mercedes do).

My '06 Saab 9-3 Aero was fast, nimble, delivered excellent braking and could hit 30 mpg under certain circumstances. It had lots of personality, but was quirky, with a few reliability problems.

My '13 GS350 AWD accelerates faster but lacks the mid-range response of the Saab turbo, is not so nimble, but delivers excellent braking, if not quite the same fuel consumption performance. It is much more luxurious than the Saab, and is solidly reliable. Alas, it has little personality; no pizzaz.

Anybody out there got a posting with some pizzaz?

Yes, I've driven the latest GS350, it has some pizzazz and certainly more than the previous generation.

Lexus does offer more offerings today with pizzazz and the imiprovement is most obvious in recent years.

An example dating back to model year 2007, is my IS350, equipped with F-sport equipment. Sure it's the same 306 hp V6 as your GS, but it weighs 300+ pounds less. Also it's compact sedan sizing makes for a easier and more sporting drive in the tight twisties. The 19" wheels/summer tires, F-sport/Eibach lowering springs (only 1") and F-sport exhaust add additional pizzazz. But all the Lexus luxury qualities remain, much like sport package options on Mercedes and BMW sedans and coupes.

The pizzazz and personality is available for those that demand it. Yes, Lexus needs to keep bring us more (and make it easier to equip our cars with).