New Lexus Tv Ad - Keyless Entry

VBdenny

I just saw a new TV ad for Lexus. This guys walks up to his LS430 and the interior lights go on. When he puts his hand on the door handle, impressive looking lights flash and the door unlocks. Then he puts his hand on the ignition switch (without any key) and starts the car.

Several people have commented that this is the coolest thing they have seen in years. I'm not sure how it works, but Lexus is certainly staying in the forefront of technology. I know I will enjoy my 2005 LS430 when I buy it in 2012.

Cool comments on this welcome...

VBdenny

Thats cool. On MTV, show: cribes. From American Idol, one of the judges, Simmon. His house was on this show. His Mercedes Benz SL-Class, I think 2002, he had a small handheld [something] in his walet and he said that is his key, and he put his thumb on the gear and the car started.

My dad's LS430 has it. It actually doesn't work on thumbprint technology, theres a little black button on every door handle and the trunk. As long as you have the "key" in your pocket all you have to do is walk up, press the button, and that door unlocks. Then you get in and sit down, and turn the ignition like the key were in it and the car starts. VERY cool.

I just put a $500 deposit down on a 2004 Toyota Prius for my fiance and it has this too! Unbelieveable! $26,000 car and it has 3 features only found on the LS430, SmartEntry (they keyless start), voice activated nav, and bluetooth phone connectivity! Unreal! She's really excited! I can't get over it, 26k for a car with features that only the 70k LS430 has!