2006 Ls 430, Clear Bra Will Be Removed, Now What? Please Help!

Mrjimmy

Hello guys,

I am very happy I found this forum! I purchased a 2006 LS 430 in May 2013. It's Flint Mica. The mileage was 26,500. I have about 36,000 miles on it now.

I recently took my car to the Lexus of Jacksonville dealership to have my clear bra removed from the hood because it is cracking. They quoted me $550.00.

It appears they are planning to only remove the clear bra and I believe adding a coat of clear coat to the hood and grill area. When they added GRILL to the proposal I was unsure of what they were referring to. Any understanding anyone can provide would be helpful.

Is this the proper procedure after removing a clear bra? I truly dread getting a car repainted, it can be a nightmare. I want to make sure they are not ruining my car.

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy

P.S. These were the only pictures I had on my computer, but I have pulled out the lip below the fog light with a heat gun, if you were wondering.:)

post-156503-0-85149900-1401238451_thumb.

post-156503-0-42399300-1401238474_thumb.

post-156503-0-83106200-1401238497_thumb.

Have you thought about taking the car to a place that installs those things and getting a quote from them? They probably do it all the time.

Welcome to LOC! Let us know how it turns out.

Have you thought about taking the car to a place that installs those things and getting a quote from them? They probably do it all the time.

Welcome to LOC! Let us know how it turns out.

I agree. At that price you could probably get the bra put on all over again. Get a quote and an explanation from a shop that does this procedure. I have never heard of applying the product to a front grill. IMO, the best film is made by 3M.

Paul