A Penny Is Good Enough

pj8708

Say what??

For years all of us have just used good old Abraham Lincoln to check the tread depth of our tires. As far as I know, no one ever sued a tire company saying the penny test was to complicated and their tires wore out.

My prediction?.........this will instantly become a product desperately looking for a sucker.

What do you think?

Paul

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/15/tire-sensors-keep-an-eye-on-tread%20wear/?ncid=rss_truncated&cps=gravity&icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl26%7Csec3_lnk4%26pLid%3D477782

Scary thing is our big brother will jump on it, give them a billion dollar grant and require it on all vehicles. Personally TPMS is great for those that don't take care of their car, or notice low tires, but is a big pain in the u know what when they act up.

Once again, common sense has left the building.

When I'm scrubbing my wheels/tires, I put my hand on the surface of the tires and feel the treads. I guess that is too difficult for the general public.

yup, but you have learned responsibility for that vehicle that you drive. We are a nation of people that don't want responsibility

I love my baby girl. I don't want anything to happen to her. :-)

I once had a friend tell me that she never minded riding with me because she knew I wasn't going to let anything happen to my car.

The wear bars are helpful and take some of the guess work out of judging the amount of wear. In this case, they take something so simple and make it so comeplex and subject to failure.