Ac/heater Fan Not Blowing Air 1999 Lexus Rx 300

Robin77380

Please help, a couple days ago my ac fan stopped blowing air. It does not blow any air on any setting including defrost or heat. A friend got underneath my car and banged on the fan motor and it started, not very helpful and has not resolved the issue. Any help and guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help...

Hi Robin and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

At first when I read your problem, I quickly thought it's only a bad fuse. But when you mentioned your friend beating the poor thing death, and it came back to life, you really have me puzzeled.

Frankly I don't trust fuses. You can pull one out and look at it and every thing looks fine. But more than once a good fuse by sight can really have a fatal short.

I would guess that the fan motor may have siezed, meaniing the electric motor in the fan is bad and will only run when it is vibrated enough to free up the armature or bearings in the fan. You'll probably have to replace the fan.

Sorry.

Paul

I would check one other thing, maybe the fresh air filter is not in place and debris (leaves etc) got down in the motor housing.