Hottest Selling Cars-April

pj8708

Very "vanilla" vehicles, just my opinion. Don't tell hubby because he thinks his F150s are the shizzy.

I tell you, my sister rented a Ford Fusion and I was very impressed with it. My only objection is the darned torque steer. I hate front wheel drive cars.

A lot of fleet sales in those numbers for April no doubt. Kinda boring list but great revenue producers. Of course the recovering economy is helping both consumer and fleet sales for April.

This is not the first time since the new year, and going back to all of 2013. The Ford-150 has been a consistant sales leader over any other flavor of auto. Thats' sedan, SUV, crossover, 4-wheel, van, sports car, and on.

Forgive my ignorance but I don't get it ! I want a smooth, quiet, ride. Now, I know that a Ford-150 can be equiped to compete with your Den and Lazy Boy, but I'm still not convinced it's ever going to be a threat to my ES. Even when the 150 sells for more than my ES, sorry, I want my baby back.

Obviously, I guess I'm missing something, Let me have it..........! LOL

Paul

When I was shopping for a truck, that was the first thing that struck both wife and I, the ride. (2wd). For long trips hard to believe but the F150 (2005) is very comfortable, and quiet. The Chevy, Tundra, and Nissan rode like roller skates. I am by no means a Ford guy, but we nixed the Tundra and ended up with the F150 even though it was more money, the room, ride, and looks killed all of the other competition. We have gone over 2500 miles on one trip, and the F150 crewcab is an absolute winner.

+ 1

I agree with Lenore. We love our F150s. This is our 3rd. All 3 have been fully loaded with the FX Sport package. Best looking truck on the road by far. Dependable. Roomy. Comfortable. OK, the negatives, horrible gas mileage and I can't stand to drive it. Since I have had sports cars my whole life, I feel like I'm driving a living room when I drive it.

When we travel, I can lay down my travel bag, suitcases and a full ice chest all fit in the back seat.

I also feel very safe in it. See my post about us and our vehicle being fine in an accident and the Lexus being heavily damaged and having an injury. I'm not bashing Lexus at all. You know I wouldn't do that. It is basically just truck vs sedan.

I think Becki you bring up one reason the pick-up may be so popular and that is the "Safe" felling. I have heard many women remark that a big reason they like their SUVs' and Cross Overs is the feeling of being safe and sitting up high which gives them a better view.

When David's truck was in the shop, we had an Altima for a rental. I felt like I was sitting down in a pit. I do like being up high where I can see the world. Funny, I don't feel that way when I'm driving. I drove an S2000 for 4 1/2 years. Didn't bother me at all that I was that low.

Exactly why Lexus needs the additional SUV/crossover in its lineup (NX coming soon), this a huge high growth segment of the market in US.

I drive something similar to NX (Mazda CX-5), and the extra 10-11 inches of roof height/seat height over a sport sedan or extra 12-15 inches over a sports car, gives extra visibility in traffic that is very significant. Also the chair height seating is comfy.