92 Es300 Stereo Wiring Harness...

Okay... I've seen many posts here about the availability of a wiring harness for the 92-96 ES300, but they all seemed to be conflicting.

I read that Metra makes one, but I haven't been able to find it. I've heard that folks walked into BestBuy and Circuit City and walked out with one, but I wasn't able to do that (couldn't find it on their websites either). And the most recent one I saw is that a Toyota wiring harness (more recent one?) would work.

So what should I do and where should I look? My new Sony in-dash MP3 Reciever will be here in a week or so from Crutchfield, so the only thing I need is a wiring harness (Crutchfield supplied the install kit and they carried the PAC OEM-2 to hook up to the factory amp under the passenger's seat). If I can't find it, I'll get by, but would make life easier.

Thanks in advance for any advice...

i got one at my nearest Best Buy. it was about the same price as that site... or actually it was like $15 + tax. it's the same thing though. but i trust a local shop better. it's easier to see if the harness is the right one that connects onto your plug.

crutchfield has wiring harnesses too.

kev

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone that is still looking for it...

Metra 70-8112

I found it at the local BestBuy. It says for toyota, but will work for 92-96 ES300. I found this site searching on how to install my aftermarket HU while keeping everything else stock. Great site by the way.