Lexus Lf - Nx Ugly Stick!

pj8708

In case you haven't seen the new Lexus LF - NX here are some new photos.

IMO, it is by far and away the UGLIEST front end treatment I've ever seen. It looks like your going to be swallowed by a huge whale!!!

Whats your take..?

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/lexus-lf-nx-concept-frankfurt-2013/#photo-995886/

Front end and rear end treatments would obviously be toned way down if put into production.

But what was the purpose of this particular concept car? Is this supposed to hint at the new compact/smaller than RX SUV?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Front end and rear end treatments would obviously be toned way down if put into production.

But what was the purpose of this particular concept car? Is this supposed to hint at the new compact/smaller than RX SUV?

I agree, why bring this out when the supposed NX300h(t) will be unveiled in November. The front and rear of this is awful and totally impractable.

As with the use of the spindle grill in 2013, and the shake-ups with the IS and GS, I think Lexus is trying to reposition parts of it's brand to be more attractive to the younger market, who want fast cars that can take on most BMW's. And just happen to have some money layong around!!

Paul

The spindle grill thing seems to be working from a sales (units sold) standpoint. The RX, ES, GS, IS have enjoyed mostly increased sales over prior year since the introduction of the spindle grill. Of course other factors also contributed to the sales increase, but no evidence shows the spindle grill killing sales. Go Lexus!

I agree, why bring this out when the supposed NX300h(t) will be unveiled in November. The front and rear of this is awful and totally impractable.

Yes, like most concept cars the bumpers and lighting would not meet regulations of the major markets such as the US, it's mainly for "show".

I'm glad to see Lexus entering the market for smaller crossover/SUV, good move as it's a very high growth segment. I bought a smaller loaded SUV last year and would have gladly considered a Lexus-equivalent.