Is The 460 Engine Reliable?

HI,

I'm looking at purchasing a used 460 at local dealer.

After doing a bit of research I've seen several times that the new 460 series have engine cooling problems.

Can any people verify what the issue is? I went to Lexus cars after BMW. That was the worst car I've ever bought, constant trips to dealer!! Most BMW autos have engine cooling problems. Their solution is simple, get after market engine cooling system and problems go away. Is this the problem with Lexus?

I've been very happy with the excellent reliabilty of 400 and 430 series.

I'm wondering if Lexus has taken a cue from the European business model (great looks but aweful reliabilty).

Thank you,

Oskar

HI,

I'm looking at purchasing a used 460 at local dealer.

After doing a bit of research I've seen several times that the new 460 series have engine cooling problems.

Can any people verify what the issue is? I went to Lexus cars after BMW. That was the worst car I've ever bought, constant trips to dealer!! Most BMW autos have engine cooling problems. Their solution is simple, get after market engine cooling system and problems go away. Is this the problem with Lexus?

I've been very happy with the excellent reliabilty of 400 and 430 series.

I'm wondering if Lexus has taken a cue from the European business model (great looks but aweful reliabilty).

Thank you,

Oskar

Yes. It is very reliable. I did a search on LS460 cooling problems. Just follow the link below for more information.

Paul

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?s=e986bbcae36c83e832f1877e7c3a2dc8&app=googlecse#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=ls460 cooling problem

I've got 35000 miles on my LS460L and pushed it hard through the Rocky and Sierra-Nevada Mtns. on a recent 5000 mile road trip. The temperature gauge has never gone above the half way mark since the day I bought it new.