Can I and what are the drawbacks of adding Turbo to my Lexus GS300? (2001, about 120,000 miles)

I would really like to make my lexus faster. The gs allows for some nice cosmetic work, which i've capitalized on. ( Black wrap on top, halo style Lights, planning to tint windows and add new wheels) but on top of the cosmetics I also want be faster to match the cosmetics. I plan on adding a Cold air intake as well but I really want to know if I can add a Turbo and if so what kind of strain can I expect on the engine?

• 1 month later...

Trey if you're looking to add a turbo to your Lexus GS300 i will recommend you not to do it, considering it has a 2JZ-GE engine in it.  What I would recommend and what i am considering doing myself in the near future is,  acquiring a 2JZ-GTE engine with the transmission and even the harness and ECU the only things you would have to do is adapt an intercooler and work around the exhaust system not much really. I was looking at the engines on eBay they're not that expensive really only about $1699.99 so with around $2500.00 and if you know how to do it you can do it yourself.  What many don't know is that the GS model also came out in Japan as the Toyota Aristo which came with turbos its basically that same exact engine you'll find in a Toyota supra.  ;)  Good luck 

• Like 1