Our First Lexus And Have A Few Questions.

We just bought our first Lexus! It is a 2008 Lexus IS250 premium w/Nav. This will be the wife's daily and it currently has 41k miles on it. We are loving the car!

We have a few questions.

1). It has bluetooth phone and that works but we can not seem to figure out how to play our bluetooth audio like every other "blue tooth" enabled car we have had.

2). On the Navigation there are some places out in the country were it says the name of the road we are on but it does not show the road. It looks like you are just driving through a field. The road we live on does this and the road has been here for 50 or more years. Is there a way to update the navigation?

3)The car has 4 months of the factory 72 month drivetrain warranty. Any issues these cars are known to have that I should pay attention to or look at? I will be reading through the recall thread I saw earlier soon.

4) When I hit the AM-SAT button it only goes to AM, I was looking for the code to call Sirius to get a subscription but I can not figure out how to get that.

5) Is there a way to get a print out of the original window sticker or atleast a list of exactly what this car came with if we provide a VIN? ( I know someone was able to do it for a 2007 Dodge ram I had on a Ram forum.....so it is just a matter of knowing the right people).

I am sure most of the answers are in the owner's manual. It came with all books except for that one. It has a book called "Navigation Owners manaul" but is missing the actual owner's manual.

Thanks!

You can view the owners manual online at https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home where you can also view history of service performed by Lexus dealers. You might want to obtain a hard copy.

Having recently replied to another IS250 owner about A2DP Bluetooth audio streaming, I am quite certain that the 2010 model year was the first it was available on the IS250. There are a variety of ways to add A2DP Bluetooth with a popular one being the Blackberry gateway: http://www.google.com/#gs_rn=21&gs_ri=psy-ab&gs_mss=black%20berry%20gat&pq=black%20berry%20gateway&cp=5&gs_id=39&xhr=t&q=blackberry+gateway&es_nrs=true&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=blackberry+gateway&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.49478099,d.eWU&fp=4bbc3b97318d8904&biw=1600&bih=877&bs=1

I don't know offhand if sat a sat radio receiver was standard for the 2008 model year - maybe the nav or owners manual will tell you and also tell you how to get its ID code if it has it. I do know for certain that for earlier model years a sat radio receiver was not standard and was a dealer installed option. The going price on eBay for an add-on sat radio module that integrates with Lexus nav is only about $150.

As far as the Nav have you tried zooming in? Some streets will not show if you are zoomed out to far.

Also not sure if you can use the player with Bluetooth. Our 10 GX has it.

Good luck.

Thanks guys. I see there is a simple headphone AUX jack in the middle console. I am assuming we can play music from our Iphones if we connect to that?

Your 2008 should be equiped for SAT operation. Lexus uses XM signal not Sirius. Simply call XM while your in the car, the number is available on-line. They will direct you to tune your radio to either the lower farthets point,001, or the highest point. I can't remember which. This gives you the I.D. number for your radio. They will then go through a few steps to activate the radio. Be prepaired to decide up front how much you want to spend per month. Their very persusive.

Paul