Lack Of Climate Control At Startup In 2012 Ls460L Awd

The car has the touch screen option. When started after sitting about 2 hours the AUTO switch light comes on and all climate controls do not respond when pushed and there is no climate control or fan. After about 30 seconds the AUTO light goes out and all switches become functional. This started last winter. It was irritating to have to wait until the light went off in order to turn on the rear window defogger and the winshield defogger. The temperature always defaulted to 75 degrees after the light went out. No matter what temperature and climate control settings are functioning when the car is shut off, it always defaults when sitting for a couple of hours. If it is shut off and immediately restarted the settings are not affected. If it sits for more than a few minutes the temperature setting defaults to 75 degrees from the lo or 65 degree setting when the car was turned off. I have tried all computer programing settings for climate control to no avail. The car was driven 5000 miles in 18 days this Spring. The problem occurred every morning the car was started and then went away for hundreds of miles if the car was not shut off. After stopping at a restaurant and them returning to a very hot cabin, it was the pits waiting 30 seconds before I could get the a/c on. I'm the original owner and got the car in November of 2011. I suspect it is a computer glitch of some kind as this happens whether the outside temperature is 10 or 100 degrees, wet or dry, humid or dry. I'm tempted to disconnect the battery to force the computer to reboot, but would like some guidance or suggestions on this problem.

• 1 month later...

The solution is relatively simple and described by puppo420 on 05-18-12 on the forum for Club Lexus. It happens when the cabin filter is changed and the Toyota logo on the filter is facing the passenger area. Turn the filter so the logo is facing toward the engine and the problem is solved. Make sure the up symbol is facing up and the air is set on recirculate.

• 2 months later...