Luxcare / 3 For 1 / Maintenance Plan, Worth It?

I just bought the new 2014 IS 350 F-Sport

I was talked into the Luxcare package, the 3 for 1 Comprehensive vehicle protection package, and the prepaid maintenance plan,

I also got the Clear Mask and the 8 year 125K warranty, but I knew I wanted those.

My question is does anyone have any experience with any of these?

Would you recommend them?

• 2 weeks later...

My suggestion is to avoid it, although I see no mention of price, it's mostly likely loaded with obscene profit.

I agree--the dealer is only doing this if they make money off of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Any business, wether it's a car dealer or an ice cream stand only sells products they can make a profit on. I've always been a little stumped why folks buying cars get mad when they trade cars and realize the dealer made a profit.

This is only my opinion, but unless your buying an older model car, an extended warranty is a waste of money. In the above example Tim has purchased a brand new car, and it comes with a 40,000 mile, 5 year bumper to bumper warranty. When I look at those numbers I try to think of what could break that would not be covered by the warranty that would cost more than the extended warranty premium, that would have a percent of probability of happening more often than a warranty covered part. I'll keep the extended warranty premium in my pockect.

Things like the Clear Mask product are just common sense decisions. If you live in an area where you get snow on the roads during winter, the coating can protect your front end and hood, fenders from rock chips, sand blast, salt and so forth. Also, if you live where you drive on Interstates and freeways often, debris is kicked up onto you grill, and smog, soot, bird dirt, all are worth protecting.

It's estimated that 50% of the premium for the extended warranty is pure profit. Take that amount, find a financial instrument to put it into and when your warranty runs out 40,000 miles or 5 years from now, take that money out and use it for maintenance.