Navigation System Not Working In 2007 Es350

currentowner

Hello All. My navigation system is not working; keeps saying CD not functioning. Getting an annoying clicking noise. I rarely use the navigation system, so it seems senseless to pay $2,500 to repair it (which is what the dealer is telling me). Is there a way to just disconnect the entire system without affecting the air radio etc? Is there a 3rd party that would be able to fix for a more reasonable price? I have checked in the local area and cannot find anyone. It seems like it should be an easy fix - pop out the failing CD and replace? Help!!

Hello All. My navigation system is not working; keeps saying CD not functioning. Getting an annoying clicking noise. I rarely use the navigation system, so it seems senseless to pay $2,500 to repair it (which is what the dealer is telling me). Is there a way to just disconnect the entire system without affecting the air radio etc? Is there a 3rd party that would be able to fix for a more reasonable price? I have checked in the local area and cannot find anyone. It seems like it should be an easy fix - pop out the failing CD and replace? Help!!

Hi Renee and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

From your brief description its difficult to tell what exactly is causing you trouble. For example, the error message your seeing regarding the CD not functioning may not mean a Music CD, but the systems navigation CD. The unit contains one player for music CD's, and another somewhat concealed data CD that is the "brains" of the navigation system. Unfourtunately, in your case, many systems in the car are inter-linked by the main computer software and cannot always work as a stand alone device.

As an alternative, the link below is to a New York company that specializes in car radio/audio repair, including units such as yours. Where as the Lexus dealers can only replace the unit, United Radio may be able to repair yours for much less. Call them and explain your situation and hoprfully they will be able to help you.

The only problem here is that you will have to find someone to remove your audio/navigation unit so you can send it UPS to United Radio. Try a local car stereo shop/installer

Paul.

http://unitedradio.com/automotive/

Paul,

Yes, I was referring to the Navigation DVD not functioning; my audio CD works fine. Thank you for the information; I am in Washington DC but I will at least call and see if they can assist. Are you aware if there is possibly a fuse that may disable only the "navigation" feature, still allowing the use of radio etc? A long shot...I know.....

Paul,

Yes, I was referring to the Navigation DVD not functioning; my audio CD works fine. Thank you for the information; I am in Washington DC but I will at least call and see if they can assist. Are you aware if there is possibly a fuse that may disable only the "navigation" feature, still allowing the use of radio etc? A long shot...I know.....

Your owners manual shows a list of all fuses and the systems they protect. They are numbered and are shown on a drawing of the fuse box so you can quickly locate the appropriate fuse in the box. If you don't know, the fuse box is located on the left hand wall of the drivers side. It's up high and can be hard to contort your body to reach if your over 16. LOL

The oldest manual I have is a 2010 Es350. It shows 4 fuses related to the audio system. Howerver, none of them are labeled "Navigation" or "Navigation DVD Drive".

Fuse 1. No 23 30amp Amp 1/Amplifier - Audio System

Fuse 2. No. 24 30amp Amp 2/Ampifier - Audio System

Fuse 3. N0. 26 15amp Radio No. 1/Audio System

Fuse 4 No. 28 7.5amp Radio No. 2/Audio System

Where the list shows "No. 23" and so on, this is the numbered location on the fuse box. Again, this is for a 2010 ES, but I doubt there is any difference.

Even though I have never worked with this system before, I am doubtful it will be possible to just unpower the Nav. drive without taking out something else with it. For example, if an amplifier fuse is pulled, there won't be any sound at all.

Before you start, I would encourage you to call United Radio and see if they wouldn't give you some guidance over the phone, telling them that if the "home remadies" don't work, how much would it cost to send it in.

Please write back and keep us up to date.

Thanks Renee,

Paul