Controversial New Volvo Feature

pj8708

Volvo plans on offering a new "Self Parking" feature in 2014. This is not the assisted parking feature, this feature parks the car in the parking lot, by it self, while your inside shoping.

Watch the video. It's pretty amazing. But, what if some other guy trys to pull into the same spot? Will the car "see" it and avoid a collision? What about pedestrians walking in the parking lot? What if the autonimous parking car dings another car while parking? Who pays for the ding?

Watch and give us your feedback.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/06/20/volvo-demos-autonomous-self-parking-car-concept/#continued

No way as "selective" as I am about picking out a parking spot.

And I can't wait to see how the insurance industry handles the first claim. There was NO "driver"

Thank you David. I couldn't agree more. Is it going to take one of the furthest spots away from all the other cars at Wal-Mart and make sure it isn't downhill so no wayward buggy might head it's way? I don't think so. I like picking my own spot. My car does not play well with others.

Also...I'm old school. I don't like the fact that auto manufacturers are trying to take away the whole driving experience. I like to drive my car. I want to park it too.

Dear Lord, please don't ever let me get that lazy.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a feature I just don't see the market begging for. Along with the fact that it has got to cost a small fortune as an add-on. It will be interesting to see If Volvo really does go ahead as planed and offer make the features debut next year.