What's The Name Of This Part?

leftfooter

I was having the Serpentine belt replaced on my car & the guy doing it noticed that one of the electric wire things was quite frayed as it had been touching off the belt. I was wondering if anyone might know the name/part number of this part? Also, are there any instructions out there to replace this?

Finally, he also thought that this might be a cause of my 'Trac Off' engine light been on. Does that sound plausible?

Thank You for any help!

post-77092-0-01865300-1370357943_thumb.j

Looks unplugged. Plug it back in lol. Either cam sensor, or possibly knock sensor. Does not appear to be close enough to the crank reluctor ring to be a crank pos sensor.

This web site shows all OEM parts for most Lexus models including yours. You put in the year, make and model, and then choose the sub-system your looking for. Example, transmission, air conditioning, electrical, and so on. When you chose the sub-system, it shows an exploded diagram of all the parts within that assembly. From there you will find your part number. But as the guys above said, you at least need to know what the part is linked to.

When you have located the right part, I would recommend going to "Sewellparts.com" in Dallas, TX. Sewell is a big Lexus dealer with an online parts business. Members of the LOC receive a good discount on Lexus parts, and they have had a consistant reputation for great service. They can help you over the phone if you like to determine what part you need.

Let us know how things turn out.

Paul

http://www.mylparts.com/