Vaistech Question '05 Ls Flac?

mannye

I went on the VAIS Tech website, but it's running too slow to be of any help... I guess it's me or my stupid DSL or something... but since this is working... here's the question:

I want to install something like VAIS Tech's system in my car (05 LS) but I want to be able to listen to iPod AND FLAC files off a drive or FLAC player. DO they have something that can accommodate both technologies?

Yep, it's you or your ISP. I've never had a problem with the VAIS website and I've been there countless times.

I suggest you contact VAIS if unsure of the capabilities of their various products: http://www.vaistech.com

I doubt if the supposedly higher audio quality of FLAC would be of any value in a car - even one as quiet as an LS. Just last week while sitting in my quiet garage, I went back and forth between the same mainly orchestral music on a commercial CD and also stored on my phone and played through a 3.5mm aux-in. I kept thinking I should be able to tell a difference but I could not.

The MML should do the job:

http://www.vaistech.com/dev/mml.php

They also have an ML+ but with the IPhone5 it's being phased out (about to be replaced) I think.

I don't know about Jim but I can tell the difference between 160k and 320k AAC files on my ipod with their other unit; although it could just be that the audio was mastered poorly to begin with. I have some Apple Lossless files that sound pretty good, so YMMV.